SSDI denied

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jakeg, Sep 9, 2006.

1. jakeg

jakeg New Member

Well my SSDI claim was denied, I just received the denial letter today. Granted it is not good news and I was told to expect it by my lawyer.

I'll be calling him on Monday so that we can move forward with the appeals stage.

On a good note I'm feeling a little better but not well enough to sit at my laptop long enough to finish the tracking program(Health Watch) that I was working on. I wish I could because there is not much that needs to be done on it anymore.

Just thought I'd pop in and let you all know how I was doing.

Take Care

JakeG
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Sorry you were declined. Was it your 1st or 2nd denial?
    I f you have a Lawyer, I would assume it is your 2nd but
    stay in there! I'll check back with your answ. later.
    OK?

Take care,
    MRDAD
  3. jakeg

jakeg New Member

This is my first denial. I was told by a couple people that I know the have FM and already went through the SSDI deal and have won their cases, and every one of them told me to start off with a lawyer to cut down on the lost time of not having one.

My lawyer was used by 2 of these people so I'm hopeful of wining when we go to the ALJ

Take Care

JakeG
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I see your not going to give up.Thats good cause I won my case at the ALJ got a bench approval on FM only.

Good Luck. Hang in there
    For Every Day A New Dawn Will Come.
    Sue
  5. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I was denied the first time also, but I won on my first appeal. I have CFS, not Fibro, but this is very common. I'm glad you have a lawyer to help you with your claim.

Ken
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

well get your attorney..sometimes some will make you wait to get denied twice the say call me...

good luck...

jodie
  7. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

the paperwork I needed for a special court date (that I didn't have to attend) and I was approved. Sounds like your lawyer knows what he is doing. I know it's hard to wait but hopefully, it will be worth it.

I wish I could get well enough to go to law school and get SSDI for all of those out there who are still waiting!
  8. findmind

findmind New Member

Sorry about the sad, green-faced icon. I am sure that's how you feel, but it's going to be ok.

If you have ANY other diagnoses, NOW is the time to dig them up and add them to the pot! Multiple dx's make chronic conditions even worse, even IBS, GERD, arthritis of any type, headaches, digestive problems, sore throats, lymph nodes swollen, feet too sore to walk, etc.

they all add up to one sick puppy..

So hang in there, it will all work out if you've documented it well..

findmind
  9. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi JakeG,

So sorry you were denied. I was also denied but did not have an attorney at the time. I got an attorney now, for the ALJ Hearing, whenever it's scheduled. I've heard it takes a long time to get the hearing.

Good luck and DO get an attorney, as suggested. I was told not to get an attorney until after the 2nd denial but not sure that's always true; think it depends on attorney.

Keep us posted,

BlueSky555
  10. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Sorry you were denied but glad for the update. How is Cyrus doing?

Hugz,
    Tona
  11. jakeg

jakeg New Member

tonakay

Cyrus wasn't doing so well about after a week of having him. He got really sick from the kennel cough. He's been taken antibiotics ever since.

He was only breathing out of 1/8 of one lung. He is doing alot better know though, but still taking antibiotics for it.

He was sleeping alot with me in my lap or when I would lay down but know that he is feeling better is alot more active then he has ever been.

The vet said it was so bad that he may not recover with out having an operation to remove part of one of his lungs because it didn't look all that good on the xrays.

The next time I take him in he's going to do another set of xrays to see if the badly infected lung is healing OK.

It seems like it must be because like I said his is really active.

Take Care

JakeG
  12. tonakay

tonakay New Member

Oh gosh, poor little guy! I bet you were worried sick. Kennel cough is nasty stuff, I hope the xrays come back good, give me an update when you find out and I'll be sending up little prayers for Cyrus, and you too Jake!

Hugz,
    Tona