SSDI Hearing next week in Houston

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tgeewiz, Jun 9, 2008.

1. tgeewiz

tgeewiz Member

After originally filing in July 2006, my SSDI hearing date is scheduled for June 20th.

I do not know if my attorney believes that CFIDS is a "real illness," but I will be taking Ruling SSR99 with me when I meet with her this week. Unfortunately, up until this point I have only met with her legal assistants.

My judge for the hearing is Rafael Lugo-Vilanova in Houston.

I have already read many of posts on this site regarding hearings, but if you have any last minute advice or know anything about this judge, please let me know.

2. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I would make sure your file already includes the SSR99 document BEFORE your hearing and that your attorney reviews it BEFORE you meet with her.

It is a powerful document and she needs to be familiar with it (if she's not already) BEFORE your hearing.

This will maximize your time with her and I am not sure how effective it will be to submit the SS Ruling during your hearing.

I am in the HOuston area but I am not familiar with this judge or any judges, for that matter.

Have you checked out my post in the sticky at the top of the page. Also, have you gotten any advice from the yahoo group, disinissues?

Good Luck,
  3. tgeewiz

tgeewiz Member

Thanks for responding Marti.

I have read this post before, but I will review it again.

Thanks again for your reply. I appreciate it.

[This Message was Edited on 06/09/2008]
  4. momof471

momof471 New Member

I would definately make sure it goes in the file right away, the judge reviews your file before he sees you. I would go ahead and ask the assistants, the lawyer's stance on cfids. If she does not believe in it this could effect the way the hearing goes.

That being said, I wish you good luck on the hearing. Let us know what happens!

God BLess
  5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I just wanted to wish you "good luck" at your hearing. June 20th is not far away at all. I'm sure we'll all be waiting for a good response.

6. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I was just notified by my atty's office that as of the end of May they filed for a hearing. Apparently it will take 12-18 months to actually obtain a date. I have had the same atty & have been turned down twice and have no idea why they would do that. I'm obviously disabled & it's frustrating to have worked all those years, almost forty and have to go through this when I truly need it.

We were even homeless in October & now have an apartment in a really bad section of town but it's a roof over our heads. I was always the breadwinner too as I worked as a nurse for 28 of the 40 years. I cannot begin to tell you how frustrating this is for me. I'm in pain 24/7 and pain medication doesn't ever take it completely away & if I take the amount that the PDR says you can I fall asleep for hours.

On top of all of that I have been sleeping more than being awake for several months now. That must be the CFS kicking in. I have to pull off the street into a parking lot sometimes as the fatigue literally overtakes me. I have to nap for a half hour or so just to get home. I'm usually not more than 30-40 minutes from home on the rare occasion that I actually make it to something I have planned on going to. I can only go to things that are free, as I am sure that most people on this board do also.

Thanks for letting me get it out.