SSDI Hearing scheduled finally...BY VIDEO

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Aug 17, 2006.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I wait almost 2 years and 2 denials and they don't have the decency to meet with me in person...Hmmmmmmmm...

I understand this is common in my neck of the woods but I still think it is silly...

It's bad enough to have to appear in front of people you do not know and you know they don't give a hoot about you either, they are there to do a job and you are there to be scrutinized...Now I have to do this looking at a television screen???

Anyone else gone through this idiotic proceeding??? Don't remember anyone discussing this before here...Could I be the first one??? Lucky me!!!

At least I got a hearing date...September 25th (after all the govt employees come back to work,tehe)

I am awaiting the day so I can ask the judge if he and his 'experts' think I can work and what job they would like me to do...I will be bringing an updated list of my symptoms and will read them to him...In the TV screen...

I know others have recently posted and their experiences have been positive...I hope mine is as well...

Wish me luck...

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  2. tracii

tracii New Member

Good luck Alicia!
  3. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

My hearing will be with the ALJ via COLOR TV...

I will be in a federal building room with my attorney and the vocational expert...And of course the Judge on TV...

I hope I don't get nervous and remember the old rule, picture the audience naked...I may just think I am watching Judge Judy, Mathis or Joe Brown...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is too unbelievable not to laugh at...Only in this great stupid State of Maine...

I am now sure to get through this without any added nervousness...I can't wait til they ask me questions, if I can answer, I will tell them what I really think...It may delay my benefits til I get outta jail, tehe, but I doubt I can help myself...I have lost my patience for all this nonsense...

And to think this is a government entity in charge of our benefits...YIKES!!!
  4. maineweezie

maineweezie New Member

Hi Mamadove,
    It's a new one for me too and I try to keep current on things going on in our state.
    I can't help but think this should be a very positive way to go thru this and no question to me that you will get it this round. Seems that they try to get most of us to give up on appeals and get to work. Take your time answering any questions asked of you. If you can't understand a question ask for it to be rephrased to help you understand what is meant.Be open and honest, you're not asking for something you don't deserve and need. Listen carefully to statements others make on your behalf.More than once has a a person had somebody elses statement be not quite accurate.
    You can do this,I'm sure but will pray that all goes as we hope. Keep your chin up!! Maine Weezie
  5. Rose73

Rose73 New Member

I haven't heard of it either. I know the judge who was at my hearing had to travel over a hundred miles to where we met. So a location is set up for the hearings, and have one after another. I was first.

I think the video is to allow the judge not to have to travel to some locations, but still can have hearings. It is two way like you can see on the news when the anchor is talking to someone any where in the world.

I agree with you not having him there in person. I would have a hard time dealing with someone on a screen. These hearings are recorded, and some how will in yours.

Hoping the best for you. I am waiting for the decision, and the wait is hard.

Rose
  6. ephemera

ephemera New Member

I wonder if this is a cost cutting measure so that the state's travel budget doesn't have to be so large?

I doubt it's a security issue.

curious...
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

to me. If the Judges spend less time traveling, they can hear more cases and speed up the process.

Have you had previous hearings?

In any case, the procedure should be essentially the same. Good luck.
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

these judges travel from state to states..so heck saves them money and time away from family..

personally if they would just go by the darn dr.'s opinion and mri's films...ect...they could cut out all of the nonsenese of going before a darn judge...

time to lay them off...

start approving ...don't get me started..

jodie