SSDI Hearing Set Up

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Vette, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Vette

Vette New Member

Howdy to all of ya'll. I don't think I've posted for awhile (who knows, can't remember spit!) but I do read posts fairly often. After over two years of asking for a hearing I finally got a call last week and it is set for Sept. 22. I'm excited and anxious, scared I'll forget something or say something wrong and mess things up for us. I have FMS but CFS is a much bigger issue for me. My hearing will be a little different from most of your's I think, SS is so busy here that another state has been handling my case, soooo, my hearing will be done via sattelite. We will only see & hear the Judge on a monitor / T.V. and vice-versa. My Husband and I don't want to get our hopes up but it would change so much in our life than we can hardly not believe it's going to happen. I'll let you know what happens. My best to you all!
    Vette
  2. ll1816

ll1816 Member

Hi Vette:

I wish you the best of luck with your hearing. Hopefully you'll feel a little less anxious because the hearing will be via satellite.

I'm still working (on leave now for shoulder surgery), but I'm strongly considering quitting because of my severe fatigue and the stress of working just makes me feel worse. I have no idea of how to begin the SSDI process.

Please let us know how it goes.

Take good care and hugs to you,
    Liz
  3. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Just wanted to wish you well on your upcoming hearing...

I too have my hearing scheduled finally on 9/25, also via satellite...Should be quite interesting...

I will be going it alone tho and am not nervous in the least, in fact been waiting anxiously to tell my story (if they'll listen) but I like you have both FMS and CF and I am 99% sure that my brain will not be cooperating that day...Glad my attorney knows me well enough now that I am sure he will catch me when I am falling...

I also have to get there on my own and driving is a big problem for me...I just hope that I can say what I mean to say and that my brain tells my tongue when to shut it...tehe

Again, good luck to you, I hope you get what you deserve...

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  4. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm happy for you that your hearing date will be soon.
    It's such a frustratingly long amt. of time waiting for
    the "moment of truth" for most of us!! From reading your
    responses to others Posts, I can readily see that you are
    intelligent and sincere and I maintain much confidence in
    your ability to present yourself. Your Lawyer should be
    doing most of he "heavy lifting" so just try to relax.

I didn't do the "Satelite Hearing". Texas is most likely
    busy with alot of Katrina victims applying for help as
    well. Are they going to provide you and your Attorney
    with oxygen and space suits for the Satelite hearing??

Best wishes,
    MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 08/30/2006]
  5. Tamsue

Tamsue New Member

Hi, I read your post this afternoon and just want to wish you luck. Wish I could tell you I have had luck in getting SSD but I have been trying for 3 years. My attorney just sent in an appeal so now waiting to hear back on that. I think it depends on what State you are in and how easy it is. i have heard alot of people up north get it easily but I know Florida it is hard. So lots of luck and do not give up. Best to you
    Tamsue
  6. purplepooh

purplepooh New Member

please go to this web site it will help you with your ssdi.

http://www.yesfibromyalgiahurts.com/gpage4.html

good luck!!!

Melissa