SSDI Hearing TODAY...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Sep 24, 2006.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

MY NEW SERENITY PRAYER

Someone grant me the ability to get to the hearing (I must go alone due to my husbands illness, he is unable to take me), must be there by 8 to listen to my lawyer's advice surely making me more confused...

Someone grant me the ability to think clearer than normal, for my brain to get the words to my mouth and for my mouth to be able to keep up with my brain (or not, depending on how slow it's going)I need to be able to explain to the judge what keeps me from working...Well, the ability to speak and have others understand me is a problem, now what do I do?

Someone grant me the ability to not run out of the room because my brain gets so messed up esp. when more than one person is addressing me...Allow me to sit there as comfortable as possible so my brain can focus on what's around me and I can actually understand what the judge is asking of me and then for me to answer in a way he will understand...

Someone grant me the ability to keep my hands at my sides if heaven forbid, he seems to be leaning to an unfavorable decision...tehe

And last but probably the most important...Grant me the ability to drive home unscathed...Just get me there and get me back and what happens in between will have to 'fly as it may' cause I can't even control my own actions never mind trying to control these 'monkeys'...

I cannot take anything for pain, for anxiety, for nervousness, for swelling, and even though in the past my nerves would benefit from a shot of booze, the IBD prohibits that kind of thing...Don't drink, don't smoke, what do I do?

Hope to have an ANGEL on my shoulder tomorrow to help me through...I am going with a positive attitude and will do the best I can...I am however, quite discouraged cause of the 2 denials and all the bureaucratic bull%#*&...I am also saddened that I see many are leaving the board now due to others being gone...Seems no matter how we fight for what we believe in or what is right, someone else comes along and spoils the party...Ahhhhhhh, the powers that be, dontcha just love it?

Must stay off here the rest of the day...A new symptom has arisen and seems to be exaserbated by typing even a wee bit and I don't need the added pain esp when I need to use both hands driving tomorrow...

Wish me luck, think of me while I am being beheaded at the knees and having to 'beg' to a bunch of bullies...tehe...Hope my judge is like the others I have heard about on here, compassionate and caring...

Love to all, hope to see familiar faces still when I come back tomorrow...Hope to share some good news with my 'friends'...

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
    [This Message was Edited on 09/25/2006]
  2. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I wish you the best! It will work out well. If you're foggy and all, it will only proove your case about brain fog.

Hugs!
  3. Summit

Summit New Member

maybe you should take some recipe cards, and make some notes on it. Just to help you keep track of what you need to say etc. Take deep breaths, and tell yourself, I'm calm, clear, and don't feel like you have to rush. take your time listening to the question, formulate an answer and just say it from the heart. Why can't you take something for pain etc? Maybe it would help to try and see yourself from the outside looking into the proceedings (we always know what to tell someone else to say or do, LOL) I don't know, just trying to think of ways to help you out. Good luck to you, let us know how it went!
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

who will be fine..and if you can't talk correctly or think correctly..or start crying...it all works to your advantage..

attorney will be there to guide you..

jodie
  5. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Think good thoughts for me...

The weather is cooperating so that's one thing I don't have to worry about...It would have been a disaster if it were to be raining...My vision seems to focus on the droplets on the windshield, not a safe way to drive...

Thanks for the encouragement...Like I said before, I wasn't nervous til I met with my lawyer and he got all hopped up on what he needs 'from me'...

I am going to have a light breakfast, hopefully my colitis won't be a major issue and I just hope I get there and back.

Play nice while I'm away...tehe

See ya later~Alicia
  6. achy

achy New Member

They will meet you at the courthouse.

Sounds like you've already put it into someone elses hands-
    good choice!

Good luck,
    achy
  7. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

thoughts are with you that they see your need for an approval
  8. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Good Luck to you, My prayers are with for a great outcome.

Love to all, Ann
  9. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Hope, all went well for you. I am praying...
    janet