SSDI heaven

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Vada, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Vada

Vada New Member

Hurray, Hurray, Hurray!!!!!! I just got my notice in the mail yesterday and I GOT MY SSDI APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot believe this. After reading everyone's posts and hearing family talk, I never thought I would get it on my first try, much else in 2.5 months****** I applied in July and got approved. Lumo sum in my account already and will get first monthly check in October on the 2nd Wednesday.

I guess what my psychiatrist and other doctors sent and wrote must have had the SSDI magic fairy jumping to attention.

Good luck to all of you who are waiting.

Oh, by the way, this fast turnover could account for the facat that my primary disability is depression/anxiety factored with my secondary one which is fibro. as my psychiatrist wrote, I have a never ending c`ycle. If I'm depressed, the fibro is affected which in return makes the depression worse which causes me to have more anxiety which affects the fibro. It could also be that I have osteoarthritis in both knees and asthma to boot.

When I went for the first appointment they said that I had applied before but never got it but it had to be oever 15 years ago that this happened. I still think they have me mixed up with someone else about that, but I'm not one to question the ALMIGHTY SSDI GODS!!!!

LaVada
  2. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I am so happy for you! It is getting harder and harder for me to keep working, even though I only work part-time. My job is very stressful and I am on my feet alot.

I am trying to make it to 55, as I can retire with medical benefits even though I will have to pay a lot. But I supply the med. benefits for the whole family, so I have to keep going on for their sake. Hubby is in sales and does not have medical.

Do you get medical benefits along with the SSDI? I would think you would get medicaid? Not sure. Only problem is my hubby wouldn't be covered.

Oh well, I will struggle along. So glad to hear you won and can concentrate on healing now!

Take care, Sally

PS. Just looked at your bio. and your granddaughter is SO CUTE! Lucky you! I have a 23 and 19 year old. Hopefully some day I will be a grandma too!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/29/2005]
  3. bozey

bozey New Member

Hurray for you !!!!! So glad to hear that you got it so quick. Wonderful news!

bozey
  4. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

Wow! First try! Good for you.
    You're wise not to question the SSDI gods. They must have been feeling generous that day.

Have a happy day,
    Heart hugs,
    Maree
  5. Norene

Norene New Member

This is a great thing to happen for you !!!!!!!!
    Just wanted to say it gives me hope for getting mine--,My story is 15yrs.ago i got one cheek from ssi and then they stoped it and said that they could see i had dissablity but they thought i could do some thing , I got and attoney at that time and he thought same thing.
    So from then till now i have been going to school through a disability through N.Y. state--- and worked a few jobs only to say now that i have bursitis in both hips and 3 pinched nerves in neck with cfs- and fibr. and a let thats had 2 dvt.in it so i'm appealing now and going to have same attoney to see if he will work for me now --- was denied cause my husband and i were over buy 100.00 wow how are you to live and pay your bills ---- well, we don't have a 100.oo any more.
    I thank the good Lord to watch over me cause it doesn't look like the state cares .

Blessings, to you.
    Norene
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so happy for you.

Love, Mikie
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i love your name, your mother must have known something at the time.

your doctors are so right on the money. i am 40 years old almost 41 and applied for the second time around waiting to hear something by ocotober 7th from what i hear. i was approved 7/8/04 but it was for a closed case ssdi. i went back to work got worse and the shingles, ect. read bio.

so i'm glad you got approved the first go around. expect a check in a couple of months or more. i took from the hearing date to january 20, 05 to get my money direct depoisted, i had sdi and worker's comp issue to include to so if you don't that will make it so much easeier and quicker for you to get the $$$.

enjoy you ssdi and the time you need to heal and feel good again.

hugs,

jodie
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

THAT'S GREAT!!!!!!!!! I'M SO GLAD THAT YOU WERE APPROVED!!!

Cheers,
    Janet
  9. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

Many congratulationson winning your SSD so quickly. I love hearing that. It is about time the SSD take us seriously. I won mine also recently but after 3 years of fighting.

YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE for LaVada !!!!

Hugs,
    Francey

10. kat1957

kat1957 New Member

This made me smile so big! I know how it feels to win it quickly (I got mine in 5 months) and when I read this it brought back the oh, so pleasant "shock" of my win. I am so happy for you and everyone who triumphs over what feels like at times a huge hurtle in our ongoing battle with these illnesses.

(((HUGS)))

Kat
  11. Vada

Vada New Member

I am eligible for Medicare after I have received SSDI after 2 years. Fortunately my insurance is covered under my husband so we don't have to worry about that for awhile.

As far as the lump sum it was in my checking account yesterday when I checked online.

Now for the yucky news I got today. Besides SSDI, I had to file for my disability retirement and I got a letter today stating that I was refused based on not having any medical backup for my psychiatrist. I know that the material was sent but who knows. I have called my Psychiatrist to see if they can resend it. I, however, have to send a written letter stating that I am appealing their decision. This sucks, but I guess with time it will go through.

Again tks everyone. I don't have many family that I can tell this to, since that would consider me being a slacker and giving off and getting something that I don't deserve, so having people here helps alot. It just makes me want to cry when I think that my new "family" at 50 is right here.

Also, my mother didn't name me. My father did but at the time he didn't know what it meant. I always hated it since he named me, I got teased and ridiculed about it and that I lived daily with the fact that the person I hated the most, my father, who sexually abused me from 3-17, had given me this name. So for many years I did not use it at all and went by my middle name, Catherine. It has been almost 2 years since I have taken my name back. LaVada
    [This Message was Edited on 09/30/2005]
  12. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i'm sorry to have hit a sour note on your name. i to have been molested by my father, i'm dealing with that still. i about floored the psychiatrist from ssdi when he asked me if my divorce was the same as the molestation. i said how can you compare the two. i just wanted to let you know i am sorry.

again i happy that you received your ssdi so quickly in the bank at that. enjoy yourself i'm sure i'll see a post from you again. a great big hug to you!

jodie
  13. Vada

Vada New Member

Jodie: Itis ok. You meant no harm or caused me any trauma. I just wanted to letyou know my story is all since wedon't tend to put that in our profile. i'm sorry that your psychiatrist treated you thqat way. I have been divorced 2 times, and yes, the molestation was part of it, but not due to it. I just thank myself that I have such a wonderful 3rd husband for the last 10 years. LaVada
  14. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I got mine on the first try but it took 6 months.i think because there was alot of maTERIAL TO GO THROUGH.Horaaaaaay!
  15. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you seem like a really courageous and neat person! i think we have a really great network of people on this board.

thank you for sharing. and enjoy your ssdi.

hugs to you,

jodie