ssdi ??? Help please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Belinha, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Belinha

Belinha New Member

Hi everyone!

Just so I understand; we apply for ssdi, and if not approved call allsup? I think I did it backwards. Actually I know I did it wrong because I don't even know where the applications are. DUH!

2. celeste1226

celeste1226 New Member

I applied thru Allsup the first time. I never went thru ss. So i have not been denied. I just finished signing all my paperwork and application with allsup. you can do it either way. you can apply thru them 1st or wait to see if you are denied. call allsup and see if they can take your case.
  3. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I filed with Allsup my first try also and I WON. I know that if I would have filed on my own I wouldn't have won my first try.

Allsup makes it so easy and they do all the work. But if you win they do take 25% of your back earning when you are awarded but they are worth every penny in my book.
  4. Belinha

Belinha New Member

Thank you so much for your words of advise! Together we make a wonderful fountain of information, now I will look for the allsup app.

love & kisses,

5. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

You can call Allsup and they will file for you. They handle everything over the phone and by mail. I won my cas with them at the judicial level.

What would be very helpful for you is getting the book "Nolo's Guide to Social Security Disability". It is a must if you're filing. It explains everything, tells you how the cases are decided etc. It will be your bible
    throughout this whole process.

Best of luck on your case.

M J