SSDI interesting info on my approval letter

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hootie1, Aug 30, 2008.

1. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

In my approval letter it stated at the end:

"The State agency medical opinions are given little weight because other medical opinions are more consistent with the record as a whole and evidence received at the hearing level shows that the claimant is more limited than determined by the State agency consultants. Furthermore, the State agency consultants did not adequately consider the claimant's subjective complaints."

OUCH for the State. :) Yah, for us!!!!
  2. Rockismom

Rockismom New Member

This is great news for you!
    Mind my asking: What state?

3. momof4kids68

momof4kids68 New Member

That is what my judge stated also!! I just hope that all the changes mean that FM & CFS are finally going to be recongnized as diability diagnoses. It'll make it much easier for all those coming in behind us.
  4. angelscutoo

angelscutoo New Member

I would be interested in knowing what state if you do not mind. It seems some states are faster and more thorough than others. Sounds like your state chose some bad consultants.

My medical and psychological were really very minimal. The doctor stated in his report things like I can pick up change and button buttons with no problem. He never tested that and I cannot do so as I have some very numb fingers. I tried to tell him about my hands and he just asked questions over me. He was very rude.

I reported his behavior to SS when I talked to the case worker. There is no excuse for that kind of behavior. They need to listen if they are going to report on us. In my career I wrote many assessments on individuals and families and the first, very basic, thing you are taught is to LISTEN.