SSDI Lawyer Recommendation?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bpmwriter, Jul 20, 2006.

1. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

hi all,

i was denied disability benefits a couple months ago. i was planning on throwing in the towel but a terrible flare has me shaken up and i feel i need to go through with the process and request a hearing. i'm looking for recommendations on a good ssdi lawyer who handles our kind of cases (i'm in FL).

also, has anyone filled out the form on disabilitysecrets dot com and received a call from one of the lawyers they're affiliated with? i filled out the form for a phone call but have no idea who they're affiliated with, good or bad.

eddie
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

Unless you can find someone who can give you a recom-
    mendation, finding an Attorney cn be a "crap shoot".
    Soc. Sec. (local office) can provide a list of Attorneys
    in your area or check the Yellow Pages.

DON'T GIVE UP!!!
    Best of luck,

MRDAD
  3. Dainty45

Dainty45 New Member

Allsup handles your whole case, they ask questions over the phone, or through the mail, you don't even have to leave the house. Go to Allsup.com and apply on line, it is only a short form you have to fill out, then they give you a call. Good Luck!

Take Care!! SB
  4. IndianPrincess

IndianPrincess New Member

Blunder and Blunder!

I contacted them to represent me and I did all of the work getting my records at their advice (which I paid for) and then they requested the same records from the same doctors and hospitals.

I have a friend who is a Civil Rights Attorney in Cleveland and she knew what I was going through with them so I faxed a release to their Bronx office (and called too!) giving them permission to discuss my case with her.

They put her on hold for 1/2 hour, never checked back with her while she was on hold. She e-mailed me (I had no money and could check e-mail at library) and upon Caryn's advice I fired them by certified mail and fax, requesting my file to be mailed to Caryn.

Blunder and Blunder never acknowledged my requests until a year later when they informed me that since they did not know what to do with my file that they destroyed it PLUS they were going to petition Social Security for payment for the work they did.

I asked Blunder and Blunder to contact Social Security on my behalf regarding "DIRE NEED", something my friend Caryn told me about. I had received notice of eviction. They didn't follow through (on alot of things)!!!!!!!

I received my letter of denial two weeks after I fired the IDIOTS!

I ended up losing 80% of my possessions and "slept" for 6 months in a women's homeless shelter.

Go with Ulsup or contact Scott Davis in Phoenix, AZ. He contributes to this website with articles about Social Security Disability.

Good luck!
    Cindy
    East Cleveland, Ohio
    [This Message was Edited on 07/20/2006]
  5. susigirl53

susigirl53 New Member

Binder & Binder got me my disability eddie. I would be happy to share that story and info if anyone is interested. I actually posted this for someone else the other day.

Sue
  6. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

sure, i'm interested in hearing experiences good or bad with allsup and binder and binder.

i currently have a call into allsup. has anyone had one of these firms take up their case and keep them out of a court room?

eddie
    [This Message was Edited on 07/20/2006]
  7. susigirl53

susigirl53 New Member

Hi Eddie,

I'm sorry about that other ladies problem with Binder & Binder, but my experience with them was very positive! It took 2 years, but compared to taking on Social Security alone, that's not bad. I did receive 2 denials (that is what they wanted actually), my case was won before a judge. B&B provided me with an attorney who went with me and helped me through the process. I was terrified and very sick with the flu the day of my hearing, but my lawyer was great and I had an awesome judge. Of course, I give all praise and glory to God, without Him, I never would have got through any of it! I do however recommend B&B. You've got nothing to lose in calling just to see if they can help.

Sue
  8. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

do you mind me asking your diagnosis? cfs? fibro? or did you have other healht problems?

eddie
  9. susigirl53

susigirl53 New Member

Hi Eddie,

I have FMS with IBS and, I do have other health problems related to an acoustic neuroma tumor I had removed when I was 18. So my case was based on that plus the emotional effects of chronic pain. I believe my age had something to do with it, but I'm not positive about that. I have been told that it is easier to get disability if you have health problems and are over 50. And, I had almost all of my doctors (3 out of 4) behind me, that is important too!

Good luck, don't give up the fight, and I'm sorry it took so long for me to responsed. I have a lot of trouble with dizziness and increased pain when I'm at a computer too long, so I don't check these post frequently.

Hugs & prayers,
    Sue