SSDI medical exam......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by buttercakes, Dec 2, 2008.

1. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Can anyone tell me what to expect, and give me some advice? I'm scheduled for Saturday
    and I'm a nervous wreak, any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Sandie
  2. hensue

hensue New Member

I thought you had an exam set Monday the 1st have you been to that one?
    If you have what did they do? just got on the board, on Saturday who works on
    Take care and just tell truth you will be fine
    let me know ok
    you are with allsup right?
    I am too so we are right together, Ga i expect to be denied first time and you seem to have more wrong with you.
    So dont get to upset
  3. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Hi Hensue, I had my mental exam on Monday, now have to do the medical on Saturday.
    yeah, it makes me wonder why a Doc. would agree to do exams for SSDI on
    Saturday. Yes, I'm with allsup, thank God! I could not handle this stress on my own.

My mental exam was kind of silly, I felt like a child. She gave me 3 words to remember, then asked me what the words were a few minutes later, I only got 2 right. She had me count backwards from 100 by 7,s I did it, but very slowly and had to use my fingers to count.

She had me describe my panic attacts and depression, I told her I believed my depression came from not feeling well, and that I dont feel like a normal person.

She wanted to know about my hobbies or interests, I told her my interest is getting well,
    and that I have no interest in any hobbies or socializing.

She only had me in there for about an hour, she was kinda cold and strictly business.
    I could not read her, or tell if she believed me or not. so I guess I'll find out in the end.

I expect to get denied too, has your Doc. kept good documentation????? I have 2 supporting docs, but the notes about my office visits are not that great, very vauge. Sandie

Have you been to your medical exam yet??? or dont you have to do one???
    [This Message was Edited on 12/03/2008]
  4. hensue

hensue New Member

I put on another site my fibromyalgia was diagnosed 10 to 12 years ago. 3 different places but i just could not work any longer. you know the drill like i told them i am getting older and getter worse. Allsup doesnt want any info except in last year. Well that is not helping me i was to sick and depressed and no money to go to doc.
    So i am sure lack of documentation physically is there. i have migraines, high blood pressure and fibromyalgia now my doc is sending me to a rhuematologist not till feb. There are two, one in each town and nothing open till feb? my joints in hands are started to swell.
    So we will see and i am fully prepared for the denial.
    Hopefully someone will be looking out for us and know we are telling the truth now i do have an excellent internist, he knows about fibro and tells me stuff like even the matter in the brain is different.
    So we just keep on keeping on.
    Good luck and let me know
  5. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

Thanks Hensue, if your having swelling, do you think it is arthritis?? I have never had any external swelling. Good luck and keep me posted, I have a feeling we're both going tobe in this for a long time. I'm not going to give up, I'll just keep going through the motions until I'm approved. Sandie