SSDI Paperwork For Doctor...HELP!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KittyCat, Dec 5, 2005.

1. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

Hi Everyone,

For those of you applying or that have applied for SSDI, did / do you have trouble getting your doctor to complete the paperwork? How do you handle that? I'm probably worrying too much, but I have an appointment with my primary doctor tomorrow, and I don't know how to handle it if he refuses to fill out my paperwork.

Thanks for listening.

KittyCat
  2. NifferA

NifferA New Member

I'm sorry you are having difficulties with the doctor and your SSDI application. My doctor did a great job documenting my illness, but I made sure I had my own records and did have to submit them myself after the doctor's office did not respond directly to the SSA's request. It came down to the wire. The DDS has a specific amount of time they wait for your records before they are submitted to the Medical Examiner for review. I called the DDS a couple of times checking the status, and eventually had to fax them my records that I had received from the doctor.
  3. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

Thank you for your reply. I never requested a copy of my records. I hope I can still do this when I go tomorrow. Will they make a copy for me, or how does it work. Do I just ask the office assistant for a copy? Can you submit a copy of your own medical records if the doctor doesn't cooperate and fill out that paperwork? Sorry for all the questions. I've never been through this before, and I am a bit overwhelmed.

I appreciate you all on this board so much!
  4. KittyCat

KittyCat New Member

Thank you everyone for your responses, encouragement and suggestions. I will keep these things you all mentioned in mind when I go to my doctor appointment tomorrow morning.