SSDI Physical tomorrow!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ForeverFlaring, Apr 27, 2003.

1. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

Aaaack! I am going out of my mind here! I have a few stressful days coming up.

Monday 1:00 pm SSDI Physical
    Tuesday 11:00 am My psychologist appt (first appt)
    1:00 pm SSDI Psychologist appt (same Doctor)
    3:15 pm My physician appt (first appt)

I am already so stressed and have been for a week. Stressed isnt the word. I am extremely anxious!!!

I think I am most scared of the psychologist appt. I had already made an appt with this guy to go see him for the first time and a few days after I set my appt, I got a letter from SSDI sending me to the same doc for a psych evaluation. I called him to make sure it wouldn't be a conflict of interest as far as SSDI is concerned, and he says it wont be.

This could go either way for me...if he likes me and believes me, then I will get a favorable evaluation. If he doesn't believe me, I am screwed as I will be sitting with him for 2 hours and his eval will be negative.

I wish I was not so upset by all of this but I can't help it. I have been running to the bathroom every 15 minutes today and I am sure it will only get worse.

Any advice as to what to expect during these appts?

Please keep me in your prayers for a favorable eval by both. I am just praying I don't have a panic attack before then.
    [This Message was Edited on 04/28/2003]
  2. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

like you are in the best possible shape for an SSDI exam. Just keep doing whatever you have been doing, overwork & overstress yourself today, and run to the bathroom every 5 minutes during your appointments. Then plan for a relaxing evening in your hot bath with scented candles and your favorite music playing softly in the background. Do let us know how your appointments go. Good luck!
    Kathryn
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Not to pass the physical part of the SSD exam. It's just more of their stupid BS they put you through.

Love, Mikie
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

it isn't that bad. My psyc exam was in a hotel room with a folding table. She asked me about my childhood, jobs, marriages, etc. Then asked a bunch of dumb quetions like what do have a banana and a orange have in common and what makes them differnet. What would you do if the movie theater you are in catches on fire. Count backward from 100 in 7's. These are standarized tests. The physical exam - I was measured, weighed, given a breating test, I have asthma, given a eye test then I saw the Dr who asked me the same questions I had already answered on the form I was told to fill out before going there. She made me do range of motion movements, bending over touch your toes, twist from one side to the other. She tested my reflexes with the rubber hammer and that was about it. They did send me to a Dr office down the street to get xrays of my hands, I have RA. I filed on Dec 7 and I am told I should know something in about 5 weeks. Good luck and just be yourself and tell the truth, do not dress up or wear makeup, being tired is a good thing that day.
  5. ForeverFlaring

Thanks for the advice. I am still a wreck, but I will manage. I doubt I will sleep tonight so I might as well clean as much as I can. I guess it can't hurt my case to self induce a flare in this instance. :)
  6. ForeverFlaring

How did you all make it without being totally stressed?? I slept two hours last night, and am seriously on the edge of a panic attack. I don't know what is going to cross me over the line between this and a panic attack but it is NOT a good feeling! WHY oh WHY didn't I refill my Xanax prescription so I would have some for a day like this??

Aaaarrgghh!

[ advertisement ]