SSDI psych appointment scheduled~~~HELP!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kadywill, Mar 26, 2003.

1. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Hi guys!
    I got a letter from SSA today and they've made me an appointment for the psych evaluation. Please let me know what to expect!!!
    Love and empathy,
    Kady
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

3. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

They aren't so bad really I just had mine a couple of weeks ago. They will just ask about all your diagnosis' and your disability because of them. Mine asked stuff like where are my parents, did I graduate, how many children, is this my only marriage. It wasn't so bad aside from the fact i was in a horrible pain and an anxiety attack from getting lost on the way there and half way through the appointment I bawled my head off like a baby. Then he had to call for his answers two days later because i was a mess. But for the most part they aren't too bad. And I can almost chuckle about this now. i feel so dumb for crying but it was due to the anxiety I had. Oh well,
    good luck and let us know how it goes okay.
    Love,
    Joannie
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

for your responses. I sure hope they'll let my husband go in with me. It frightens me to think they'll be profiling me because I hate to be seen so vulnerable. I pray that I'll make it through the exam without making too big a fool of myself. I dread this so much. Do thry ask really personal questions? Give me an example of the questions they may ask, please. I haven't a clue.
    Love,
    Kady
  5. Deb*NC*

Deb*NC* New Member

I went for my psych appt Friday and it wasnt so bad, I was outta there in 30 mins. Along with my long list of ailments he added something that he said will help with my disability,If anyone knows what Im talking about please respond and let me know what its called....He said that Im depressed from all the pain and thats causing my problems with my mind or memory,He called it something but I cant remember what he said..But he did say that it would help me with my disability claim...I would love to hear from someone on this....Good Luck with your appt...It wasnt bad at all for me...Debbie
  6. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Thank you so much for the comforting words!!! I DO dread it, though.
    I've got the condition he said on the tip of my tongue and I've gone through the alphabet to try to think of it, no success, though. Sorry! Maybe I'll think of it when Im trying to sleep tonight!! LOL
    Love,
    Kady