ssdi questions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hannahfaid, Aug 9, 2007.

1. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

I am self employed but have been paying taxes since I was 17. I have dropped myself down to about 3-4 hours a day of work. Provided my dr thinks I am ready for SSDI do you think I could still work a few hours a day with my own business? I also have money in a trust that isn't available to me as of yet, does that have any influence on it? I know nothing about SSDI
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

go to gives you infor...

your trust fund has nothing to do w/your ssdi...

good luck

3. littleleafhopper

littleleafhopper New Member

I don't know anything about ssdi, but saw your post regarding the good doctor list a few days ago. I am located in the Metroplex as well, and have been searching for a physician that takes insurance too. No luck so far. I have just started seeing Dr. Rollins, but it's too early to tell if she can help. I have a post out to Bunnyfluff to see how it's going. She posted that she had an appointment with a llmd, so I'm confused. I'm wondering if she's changing Drs. and if so why.

I think that you are right. We just must share information. This illness will drain you dry both financially and emotionally. I have seen Dr. Sharp, and even though he seems knowledgeable about cfs and fibro, the expense was too much for me. I hope that it works out well for you. I'll post if I do well with Dr. R. I usually hang out on chat, but I'll do a search for my name if you wish to post. Good luck with your journey.

Yours, Lil