SSDI takes forever..is there any other help for us?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fieldmouse, Apr 20, 2007.

1. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I have filed for SSDI and gotten denied twice. Now I have a lawyer but he is telling me it could take two years to get a hearing. Is there any other funds out there to help us that are waiting for SSDI? I don't have a clue where to start but I know I have to do something. Any advice? Thanks Mick!
  2. mezombie

mezombie Member

First of all, you may be able to get a hearing faster if you contact your local Congressmember or Senator. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

As to other resources, I would comb your phone book for local government services for disabled and elderly people. They may be able to assist you directly, or refer you to the appropriate sources.

You may, unfortunately, have to borrow from your assets, like a 401(k)plan, or take out a home equity loan.

Wish I had better news...maybe others will come along with more info.
  3. momof471

momof471 New Member

with mezombie, last fall I began writing my senator's and now have been contacted by SS to send all updated medical records to ALJ office, to a certain person and a letter stating my circumstances. You may have to write many letters, I think I wrote about 3 apiece and attatched previous correspondence to each one. I am not due for a hearing until next spring, maybe this will help me. I fully recommend it as you get pulled out of the endless stack of files.

God Bless