SSDI Type of Doctor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meditationlotus, Dec 7, 2010.

1. meditationlotus

meditationlotus New Member

I am applying for SSDI for CFS and the doctor that is supporting my case is an Endocrinologist.

I am not seeing a Rheumatologist because, although I do have pain, I manage it with Glucosamine sulfate and MSM. My main problems are Orthostatic Intolerance, Poor Concentration and Memory, Post Exertional Malaise, and Poor Sleep.

I have been reading that the doctor of choice for FM when applying for ssdi is a Rheumatologist, but what about CFS? I think that I have some tendinitis or carpal tunnel when I use my arm and hands continually, such as being on the internet on good days, and I have Raynaud's. Would those two things warrant a Rheumatologist? Otherwise, I am really not significantly impaired by pain AS LONG AS I TAKE THE SUPPLEMENTS. Yes, I am lucky in that regard, but I can only stand for a few minutes, then fatigue, lightedness, etc. Also, when sitting upright without elevating my legs.

I want to see the right doctors. A cardiologist diagnosed the Orthostatic Intolerance with a Tilt Table Test in 2003, but I have not improved on any medication. I no longer see a Cardiologist. My Endocrinologist tries me out on the various meds such as Florinef, etc. for Orthostatic Hypotension, but nothing else helps.

I am going to a sleep doctor and the SSA sent me to have a mental status exam and the doc thought I had been in a car accident and that the SSA would be testing me, but they never did. That was several months ago. I don't go to a psychologist because I am too fatiuged to keep my appointments. But I do have Depression and Anxiety due to illness.

Are these the right doctors?

Thanks
    [This Message was Edited on 12/07/2010]
  2. meditationlotus

3. meditationlotus