SSDI ...what happened?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by erinwilburn, Sep 5, 2008.

1. erinwilburn

erinwilburn New Member

Okay, I posted a few days ago and aperantly some one got mad cause it was taken off w/o any notice to me. So once again I ask what if anything can be done about my Dr sending in false info to SSDI. My pyhc SSDI apt went well and the Dr let me read what info my Dr had given. said I have asma and saw him in July when I haven't seen him since May. also said every med he had rx was still active. I am not on any meds!

Then my hubby found out that his Dr had done the same thing and left rx open even after changing the dosage. He had the capability of getting 12,000 pills in the last 4 months. We go to the same pharmasist for everything and he caught it and asked us to contact the Dr to change the records. It makes me nuts that my Dr would rather let me take 10 difrent meds for the same thing than rx the right meds.

As far as my SSDI apt it was so good to hear her say that she belives that my problems are caused by physical not mental disabilities. and my inability to do simple math proved that I lack simple skills needed to keep a job. Not fun to hear that I am stupid but god to know I am not crazy.

It just goes to show that you never know what you are going to find with SSDI and who knows whether they will belive her evaluation or not.

I am going to try to keep an eye on this post and I hope I didn't unknowingly break a rule.
  2. Engel

Engel New Member

That is horrible. Do you have an attorney?
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Geez, I'm sorry your records seem so messed up! You have gotten great advice from the previous poster!

Somewhat unrelated but interested nonetheless - several years ago I went to see a therapist. I only saw him twice, once alone, once with my husband. My insurance covered 12 visits I believe. I can't remember if he billed me or if I got an Explanation of Benefits first, but boy was he scamming me and the insurance company! He had written down on an invoice 12 dates that we'd seen him and the co-pay we owed. Unfortunately he made a grave error and some dates included weekends and also dates that we were on vacation. When I called him on it, he said he'd 'write it off" HA. I called the insurance company and notified them of what he had done. He soon left the business.
    I don't know why I'm telling you this - I guess your story reminded me of that. (wrong dates)

I'd absolutely want accurate records! I mean what's the point of having a "record", if it's not accurate.
    Good Luck - I hope the whole thing works out for you!!

4. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

I bring in a typed list of meds I'm taking at every visit and for every doctor I see. They are in a hurry and don't always update the medication sheet. If I hand them the sheet they stick it in the chart so if SSDI gets my records they should see the sheet. Going to four different doctors WILL show discrpencies plus they all keep changing my meds every time I see one of them.

5. erinwilburn

erinwilburn New Member

I have been having a hard time figuring out the new site but I think I am getting the hang of it. Fog doesn't help when it comes to learning new things.

No I don't have a lawyer yet. I filed online when I was having a bad day without even talking to anyone first. My hubby filed 5 years ago and had a lawyer but he did nothing and ended up only getting $10 in payment..he he he... But I do know I need one I am just waiting to be deniged first.

I did the list of meds and the list of symptoms but funny neither where in the records. I am done with him anyway! one more month and I would have ended up throwing a fit in his office that honestly would have ended in violence. I have already reported him to every agency in our state.

So now I have a new question... I have been trying realy hard to keep moving. Ihave been doing my daily walks to the mailbox but now this week I can't even walk to the bathroom without ending up in crying pain. The presure in my back and hips is horrible. I am fine if I don't move but that is not okay. I don't know what to do. It's not a flare feeling and I just had a CAT scan that showed nothing wrong. I have been home bound for a while now but bed bound is too much to handle. Anyone deal with this?