SSDI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GARY700, Jan 20, 2006.

1. GARY700

GARY700 New Member

I have been on ssdi for 3yrs in March. When will I hear from SS? Do they alway review every 3yrs? Nothings improved with me,i'm just wondering if i'll have to jump through more hoops or will ssdi continue until i'm better? any info would help THANKS Gary
  2. katykat24

katykat24 New Member

3. JLH

JLH New Member

Gary,

Did it state on your award letter that you would be reviewed in 4 years, 5 years, etc.?

When I received my SSDI in 2001, it stated that I would be reviewed in 3 years. I was and it was no big deal.

All they did was send me 3 sheets of paper to complete. They asked very few questions. Stuff like:
    - Are you feeling better or worse?
    - Have you discussed returning to work with your doctor?
    - Are you currently working?
    - List the last 3 doc. appts. you had with dates and indicate reason why you were there.
    - List any hospitalizations that you have had in the last 3 years and what they were for and the dates.

That was about it.

I just had my 2nd review in October 2005. I filled out the papers and sent them in. As a matter of fact, I just received the Soc. Sec. reply today! They stated that my SSDI would be continued at this time and that did not need to contact me doctor at this point. It just said if anything changes--I go to work, etc., to be contact them immediately.

I'll probably go through that again in 2 years.

Don't worry about it!

BTW, they don't ALWAYS review everybody on the same schedule. It might have something to do with WHY you are on SSDI, etc. I worked with a man who had to go on SSDI whose medical condition was so severe that when he was awarded, they told him that they would not do his first review for 7 years.

Everyone is probably different.

Hope this helps,
    Janet
  4. GARY700

GARY700 New Member

Hi Janet thanks for the information. I guess part of my problem is I worry about everything. Well now I can put this worry on the back burner for now. Thanks Gary