ssdi

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rynkat, Aug 26, 2006.

1. rynkat

rynkat New Member

Whatever you do, don't give up, you are offered an appeal, do it! Keep good records of doctor visits, hospital admissions, medications, etc and everything Social Security sends you. A lawyer is well worth their fee, but the only way they can help you is if you have good documentation of your illness. And don't be discouraged if you are turned down one or even two or three times. They make the process difficult so only those who really qualify can succeed. The process is difficult, but not impossible. And don't get discouraged if it takes longer than you think it should. Our gov't works a little slow, but it does work.
  2. rynkat

rynkat New Member

I would rather be working, I am sure we all share that sentiment. I would be making a lot more money, and it would sure feel a lot better to be out in the world. But Thank God our country offers us a way to survive, even if it is on medicare and ssdi. We are blessed in this country, we may have to jump some hoops to get some help, but at least there are some. (and no, I never worked for the gov't, lol, my last job before a brain tumor, major depression and fm tripped me up was a Wal-Martyr)