SSDI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skippy007, Feb 9, 2007.

1. skippy007

skippy007 New Member

I applied the end of October. The case worker called today and needed the doctor to document my range of motion and atrophy and then she could submit for a decision. This seems to be good timing as far as the application moving along but the actual approval - I just don't know.
    As I read some of these posts, sometimes I think the doctors notes are well supported and other times maybe not. The doctors memo to my file states cervical degenerative disc disease, tendinosis, bicipital bursitis,osteoarthritis of the thumbs,lumbar degenerative disc disease, patellofemoral joint disease, plantar fasciitis, osteoarthritis of the ankles, chronic fatigue, and fibromyalgia. He stated I was functionally disabled from gainful employment not only based on musculoskeletal symptoms but also cognitive function and short term memory loss. I would like to say for the record all of this started about three years ago with planters fasciitis. I had to have a hysterectomy due to fibroids and anemia. Had complications and was in the hospital two weeks. Since then, it has been struggle with different ailments popping up and just an overall change to everything I use to do. I feel totally different than from what I felt prior to my surgery. I was always active and now its an effort for everything. This message board is great and makes me feel like I am not crazy !!
    [This Message was Edited on 02/10/2007]
  2. skippy007

skippy007 New Member

Thanks for the reply - I hope it is promising. I did collect state disability for one year. My post was for my SSDI application - (I need to change the title). Sometimes when I am reading these posts I think - well I think I am covered and sometimes I think maybe not. But whatever, I am in it for the long haul - worked 31 years paying into this fund.