SSI 3 year review Help?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gwheezy41, Aug 2, 2006.

1. gwheezy41

gwheezy41 New Member

Hi back in November I sent in all my paper work for 3 year medical reveiw, and when I call to ck on it they tell me it is still pending! Can it really take this long? My therapist also noticed that Social security never asked them for any info on me for the last 3 years, they only asked primary Doctor, go figuer! Is this normal to take this long! I'm starting to stress out over this, Please help! Thanks Virginia
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

That does eem like a long time.

Although they love to drag their feet~
    I guess no news is good news.???

I had a recent review too and it did'nt take that long.
    I forget exactly, but I wanna say it took about 4 months.
    (at most)
    I'd think your therapists input would be needed by SSI.
    If its a medical professional that you see regularly.
    ???
    thats weird~
    Hope you hear something soon :)
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

I got a letter about a month ago. It was a simple 2 page form asking when I had last seen my Dr, if we discussed my ability to work and a few other questions.

My psyc dr use to be on the state board and said this is a
    a typical and automatic renewal. He said as long as I filled the form correctly there will be no problem.

I did not ask him how long it should take, but I wouldn't worry too much, especially if your Dr keeps good records and is on your side. Carla
  4. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I was wondering from those of you with experience on this what the correct answer is on

Have you and your Dr discussed work? Is it yes we've discussed I can't work or No we don't discuss it because I'm unable.
    Because honestly my Dr and I have both discussed the fact I can't work but I've seen other people say on their reviews they've never discussed it.... Please Help if you have been through this already!

TIA
    Sincerely
    JL
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

I put that my dr. and I have'nt discussed working.

I was approved again for another 3 yrs.
    All 3 of my drs. see me often for my Fibro,arthritis,scoliosis and bad disks in my low back.
    and I also have many gyno issues to consider too.

hope this helps~

6. justlooking

justlooking New Member

I appreciate your response. I am so scared about my review even though I am worse now than I was when I applied and at my hearing.
    I have my PCPs support plus my Pain Management Dr support but I always worry SSA will pull the rug out from under me for some stupid reason (after the initial process with the dumb reasons for denials and all the hoop jumping who would be concerned, right?).
    This time I want to make sure I do it the right way the first time around because I know with SSA what you say on those papers means more than anything your Dr says.

thanks again for taking the time to respond
    Sincerely
    JL
  7. jarjar

jarjar New Member

This is the best thing you can do when you receive your review papers. I got this advice from my attorney and it has worked everytime.

Go visit you doc and tell him that your case is being reviewed. Have him write a short letter that you are under his care and that you are not able to return to work at this time.

They will stop the review when they see a short letter from your doctor stating you are still disabled.

Be sure and see your doc several times a year so that he or she knows you are still ill.

You will sleep so much better when the review letter comes in.

j
  8. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I am not familiar with this; is this something everyone must go through if/after approval?

Just curious,

Thank you,
    BlueSky555
  9. day2day

day2day Member

Because I had initially filled out my 2 page form, and then made copies, put the original in envelope to mail and lost it lol.

So I called SS 800 number talked to a very nice woman , this was bake in winter and she said to copy the copies and send them to my local office.

June I got a second notice, and I called 800 number again, they and the local office both called me back and had me send copies yet again.

Long story short, they told me this is just a formality, and if you get only the 2 page review it should be ok. I told her how scared I was of having to go through the entire process again.

I told her my Dr. and I had not discussed going back to work because we are trying to just manage our day to day stuff, and she said that is not unusual to have it marked have not discussed with DR.

So I am not going to sweat it, if they do a full review they do have to notify you within 90 days I believe it was, it should say that somewhere on your paper work you recieved.

I have to put things in a certain place or I may as well throw it into a black hole, my memory is just so aweful lol

Hope this is helpful.
    day2day

10. jarjar

jarjar New Member

I was reviewed every 3 or 4 years at one time so expect a review. For this reason I also suggest not to make any money that will be reported in your name. When you post that you have made money that will put your case under close scrutiny.

Jay