SSI AIDE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jojojem, Jan 31, 2003.

1. jojojem

jojojem New Member

I just received a letter from Social security for me applying for my disability that I have to have a mental exam.I already have a phsciatrist and she gave them all the info on me but I'm applying because I can not physcally able to wrk.I have had 4 tragic events happen in my life one was loosing my adoptive sister to cancer and all I can say was the other three was not my fault.All I can say is when you put your trust in a grand parent something happened but I have dealt with that for 44 years and have asked God to forgive himm and the other too.Their going stir up these emotions that my pschyatrist has worked with me so hard to get to the point where I can talk about it openly.What do they do and ask you on these mental exams.
    I will be honest as I can but i don't want to open a can of worms.I am 48 years old and have done okay emotionally and have worked all my life.I'm very happy because I just found my birth mother after 43 years.She thought I was dead and my adopted parents have not spoken to me in a year because I told them the secret I have kept for 44 years,they traveled 1200 miles to take care of me after I had this surgery and after a mix up on communication why I didn't call, my adopted father called and said if you don't get off all those drugs(Legal ones)which my Drs.prescribed you will loose everything.Well at that time I didn't have a definite diagnosis that I had FM they drove 1200 miles back without even calling me,but I have my real mother now.So I'm
    handling life pretty good accept for the physical part,and some fibro fog,soif any one can help me with this please let me know because I don't want to say the wrong thing and loose the chance of my disability.
    JoJoJem