ssi am I too late for a lawyer???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by puffy1, Aug 19, 2006.

1. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

Do I absolutely need a lawyer to got my ssi becsue I have not gotten one and I am now waiting for a hearing date. But now I am worried and I don't know if I should get one now or not.

Any advise on this matter would be greatly appriciatied.

Teri
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

It's just me, MRDAD. Is this coming SSA hearing the one
    before an Administrative Law Judge?? How many letters
    of denial have you had?? You can even request a "slight"
    delay for reasons that are pertinent to your case. Get back to me if you can soon. Also see www. disabilitysecrets.com

MRDAD

P.S. "Knock on my door" Sunday if you wish!!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/20/2006]
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

There is a lot of discussion about Soc Sec on the board. Do a search.

Also click on Disability in the purple area above.

Statistics I have read show people w/ an atty have a much better chance of winning. The atty fee comes out of the award.

Good luck.
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

if they don't win you pay nothing!

when is your hearing date? or are you waiting for an actual date?

it doesn't take long for them to put the paperwork together...

disabilitysecrets.com

jodie
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

THANK YOU!!

MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 08/20/2006]
  6. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

this will be my first hearing I have been denied 3 times and I appealed. so now I have a request for a hearing I was told it would be a year before I would know when my hearing would be.

Well in Nov. I belive it well have been a year so I have a couple more monthes to go yet. I was hoping that would be the end of it but I have been reading this one web site that tells me otherwise ugg. can't beleive how the drag this out so much.

My neice has pulmanary lung desease she got hers right away.
    but she also had a good doctor that went to bat for her too I have had not such luck.

Teri
  7. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

Yes I am asking if I need a Lawyer and if it is too late to get one at this point in the process.

Given the fact that I no longer have a DOC. myGP dropped me as a patient and I think my rheumatologist is droppping me too now.

TEri
  8. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

did you have a lawyer form the begging or after you were denined 3 times?

and did your doctor back you up and work with your lawyer?

Teri
  9. puffy1

puffy1 New Member

I understan that I need to go tot he doctor but money is an issue right now I have no insurance at all.

My doctor dropped me because I was late in paying a bill that I owed so even though I did pay it when I could. they still said they would no longer see me.

I did go to aother doctor who acted like I was wasiting his time. so I didn't go back to him. I kkep calling around but did you know that some doctors won't take private pay paitients.

My sis ter told be to go to her doctor but when I tried to make an appt they told me they don't see private pay paitents.

my husband makes too much to get on any kind of meical or cmsp.

but we can't afford to buy insurance for me he gets it at work but I am not covered.

10. PrariWolf

PrariWolf New Member

Hi, imho a lawyer is an excellent idea. First, you don't want to be sitting in your hearing with brain fog and confusion, forgetting paperwork that day, and nobody to help you out. Second, they tell you how good your case looks, and can help you with anything you might have left out or not done that could affect your case. (For example: my lawyer sent me to Voc Rehab. because FM is so hard to prove. After evaluating me, they wrote a long recommendation that I absolutely cannot work and it has strengthened my case enormously. I wouldn't have thought of it on my own.) Third, if you don't like the idea of them taking about 1/3 of your back payments (standard fee set by SSD), imagine getting 100% of zero without their help!