SSI DENIAL

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bukswife, Sep 14, 2005.

1. bukswife

bukswife New Member

i got my first denial letter today from ssi...they seem to focus on everything but the fibro...stating i can stand all day working and lift up to 20 pounds???? its very frustrating...i hope the appeal goes better...
  2. JackieDH

JackieDH New Member

I too had the same wording in my first denial despite over 20 surgeries on my feet they still say I can stand and walk with no difficulty. My podiatrist just shook his head. He wondered what they were looking at to come to this conclusion.
    On to the next phase of getting a hearing.
    Good Luck,
    Jackie
  3. over50

over50 New Member

They do this everytime.I know it hurts that they dont seem to believe you.Just keep your paperwork up to date,and your Drs behind you.
    Have faith,
    Linda
  4. Sue50

Sue50 New Member

did you tell them you can stand all day working and lift up to 20 pounds? or was it something a DR said after evaluating you? You might need to hire an attorney to help you.
    Sue
  5. bukswife

bukswife New Member

i have a hard time if i'm on my feet for a long time...as i tell my husband " the fog is rolling in"...i even told them that i dont drive far becasue i'm afraid of not feeling well...it comes on rather sudden...i saw two of their doctors...one was a shrink to evaluate my memory loss or concentration problem...i felt so stuipd i actually cried while in there with him...but i guess i did ok??????
    they had me see and ortho doc too...??? but my question was fibro isnt his speciality so why an ortho?????
    i have a lawyer binder and binder...they are going to appeal...from what i hear this is quite common...just depressing...
  6. blkkat

blkkat New Member

hi, i'm sorry you got a denial letter, but what ive heared is you get for sure 3. but i thought id ask you since you filed for SSI what does it stand for? sorry im a little SLOW up stairs!! i dont think i can get ssdi i havent worked enough, my husband makes too much i'm sure for ssi. anyways keep your chin up! things will work out for you!! PLUS you can come here to your family when you need to talk,vent ect. HUGS! blkkat
  7. bukswife

bukswife New Member

i knew i would be denied the first time but i guess it was just seeing it in writing...this whole process is really ridicilious...but i know its something that we all have to go through..i'll keep u all posted...
  8. orachel

orachel New Member

You just keep on trucking. I'm convinced from everything I've read here (haven't been thru it myself) that they really do make it THIS DIFFICULT on purpose!!! Makes you wonder how many amazing people with astounding difficulties are just physically and mentally incapable of going thru the whole process, and end up missing out on money that they PAID INTO THE SYSTEM! Sheesh! You just hang in there, and you're appeal will go great.

One suggestion (though I know very lil abt SSD!). I don't know what your physical situation is, but my doc recently prescribed "Aquatic therapy"...like water physical therapy. Its extremely mild, feels great most of the time, less I overdo it, and usually I only go for 15 minutes at a time. But reason I'm suggesting it is bc my therapy clinic keeps a computerized record of exactly what I'm able to do, and my pain and fatigue levels, and this is 2-3 times a week! Plus, my Physical therapist is a GREAT advocate, and is helping me try to get my ST disability bennnies now, even though I keep getting turned down for goofy reasons. My insurance also pays for ALL of it, but there are cheap membership programs for those who can't do it thru ins.
    I'm thinking I'd like to see those goobers at SSD try to prove that you can STAND ALL DAY AND LIFT 20 LBS if your physical therapist has documented notes 2-3 times a week that says you can only do 10-30 minutes of the MILDEST, 0 WEIGHT BEARING stretching? Just a thought.

Don't let it make you too frustrated...they win that way! Just get over being sad, and get MAD at them!

Best wishes on your appeal!
    Rachel
    [This Message was Edited on 09/15/2005]
  9. orachel

orachel New Member

That Social Security Disability has 0 to do with income of your spouse. And I've seen it referred to as SSI, SSD, and SSDI...are these all the same? I always thought they were. Of course, there's standard SS retirement benefits, but that has nothing to do with illness, only age, I believe. Maybe your husbands income affects that, I don't know.

Best,
    Rachel
  10. bukswife

bukswife New Member

its social security disability...and no it has nothing to do with my husbands income...it is based soley on me ..
  11. blkkat

blkkat New Member

orachel i'm not sure, i need to look it up. if i find out i'll get back at ya ! anyone out there know the diff. but i thought ssi was more of a low income program, ? p.s since ive been on this site in the last few weeks im so much happier! thanks everyone! BLKKAT
  12. blkkat

blkkat New Member

well i geuss it would help if id look better at this site the info is, was right in front of my face! right above where we log in, click ( DISABILITY ) like i said before ,i'm up a river with out a paddle! i didnt work enough and hubby makes to much! i dont get it arent i my own person? so my husband has to pay my way threw life! dont get me wrong my husband never makes me feel that way but gees! someone out there in the same place in their life might feel STUCK ! sorry i'm venting and its late. goodnite LOL-BLKKAT
  13. bukswife

bukswife New Member

to vent here...thats what we are here for..
  14. blkkat

blkkat New Member

THANKS!! LOL- BLKKAT
  15. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I filed March 28 and it says that A decision has been made-but I have to wait for the mail to find out what it is!.You will get this.As you know ,it usually takes time
  16. bukswife

bukswife New Member

thats what i'm hearing two times is the going rate...although they deny it...