SSI DOCTORS APPT. WHAT DO I EXPECT?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kayebee, Feb 22, 2006.

1. kayebee

kayebee New Member

I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE DOCTORS FORE THE DISSABILITY
    DETERMANITION PEOPLE ON SATURDAY. MY LAWYER TOLD ME THAT THEY USUALLY REQUEST THIS APPT.AT THE FIRST OF YOU CLAIM, THAT THEY DON'T KNOW WHY THEY WAITED UNTIL NOW. I INITIALLY HAD A HEARING SET FOR JAN.6TH OF 2006 BUT IT WAS POSTPONED FOR THIS REASON.

THEY ARE DEFINATELY FOR THE OTHER SIDE. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD TO DO THIS.
    PLEASE, ANY INFO WOULD BE HELPFUL.

THANKS,
    KAYEBEE
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Hi there,
    I had my doc. appt. when I first filed for disability.
    The doc. was o.k. a bit rude, but I wasn't too surprised after all he is on their side not mine.
    The thing to remember is you need to act as you would on your worst day.
    It is not lying, it is showing them what they otherwise don't know.
    I know most of us put on a brave face and don't want to complain.
    This is not the time for that. Let him see you hurt.
    I was actually feeling pretty bad the day I went which was good, but I still got turned down.
    I hear you normally get turned down 2 times before you get accepted.
    That's the norm. I am on my 3rd time now.
    Best wishes, Claudia
  3. suave

suave New Member

HI KAYEBEE YES THEY SENT ME TO AN ORTHOPEDIC DOCTOR HE WAS SO WEIRD AND MEAN HE MADE ME CRY. HE GOT ME SO UPSET MY ANXIETY WENT OUT OF CONTROL.I KNEW FROM WHEN HE CALLED ME IN THE ROOM THAT HE WOULD BE MEAN AND HE WAS. ANYWAY HE GAVE ME A BAD REPORT JUST LIKE THEY ALL DO AND SAID THAT I WASNT THAT BAD NOT TO WORK. THEN THEY SENT ME TO THE PSYCH HE WAS PRETTY NICE BUT IN HIS REPORT HE SAID I WASNT THAT BAD EITHER. ITS A BUNCH OF BLANKTY BLANK IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. AND THE DOCS THEY SEND YOU TO ARE LAME. GOOD LUCK REN
  4. Candlewick

Candlewick New Member

Hello: If you have an attorney you do not have to go to these appointments. All the attorney writes is that your Drs are perfectly capable of filing paperwork and doing their own exams.

If you do not have an attorney- you can write to them yourself saying your Drs have examined you and have
    agreed you cannot work fulltime at substantial gainful employment. ( if you worked full time). If you have a psychiatrist and had a neuro psych eval, showing depression, etc, that is truly what you are approved on rather than fibro. I won by myself the first time, did not go to any of their Drs. THEY ARE PAID TO DENY YOU- I WORKED IN RN Nursecasemanger DISABITY MANAGEMENT SO I KNOW. IF YOU HAVE RHEUMATOLOGIST AND PRIMARY CARE ALL AGREEING YOU CANNOT DO FULL TIME WORK - PRESENT COPIES OF THESE PAPERS WITH A letter TO SSI or SSDI and explain you do not need to be seen BY THEIR DR., AS YOU HAVE VERY WELL COMPETENT DRS WHO HAVE ALREADY DETERMINED THAT YOU CANNOT RETURN TO FULLTIME WORK THAT IS SUBSTANTIAL GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT.

I HAVE HELPED MANY PEOPLE TO GET SSI OR SSDI ON THE FIRST ROUND, BUT IT TOOK HAVING AN ATTORNEY'S NAME ON YOUR FILE,
    AND AN RN ( like myself) WHO KNOWS THE LINGO TO HELP FILL OUT THE INITIAL PAPER WORK. In addition TO WIN FIRST TIME YOU NEED A NEURO PSYCH TEST DONE, AND PREFERABLE DIAGNOSED WITH SEVERE DEPRESSIONN OR ANXIETY BY A PSYCHIATIST. HOPE THIS HELPS!
    [This Message was Edited on 02/22/2006]