SSI

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hagardreams, Aug 27, 2005.

1. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I got a call from social security yesterday. I GOT APPROVED! I got approved the first try. I applied for fibromyalgia as my main problem and I got it. I am in such shock. I thought the 32 years of type 1 diabetes would be the winner, but they said I was 100% disabled from FM. I am so relieved. The same day I got the call, they took my husband off of the resperator and put him in a private room. He can actually talk. He has no memory of what he did, and he has a speach problem, but PRAISE GOD, he is alive. Then this morning after calling the doctors office and trying to get a refill on my meds I got the email that they filled it. I just don't know how to handle all of this good news at once. I will not get to keep all of my SSI once my husbands SSD kicks in, but I still should get to keep my medicaid and food stamps. I have a long road ahead of me, my husband will need extensive therapy, and I will have to take care of him, but I am so thankfull that he is alive. This is a victory for FM, and I hope I can do something for others with FM in some way. God bless, Julie
  2. Bronagh

Bronagh New Member

I'm thrilled for you and wish you the very best.

Bronagh:)
  3. justlooking

justlooking New Member

God is good!

I know people here will continue to pray for your husbands full recovery.
    Love
    JL
  4. Seeseaisme

Seeseaisme New Member

I'm so happy for you. I've been reading you posts and you have really been put through the fire lately.

It's great to hear this good news. We've all been praying for you. Keep us updated. Love, Charlotte
  5. rmc20021

rmc20021 New Member

You must be really happy. I'm happy for you. As someone else said, just when you think things can't get any worse, things start to turn around.

6. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

Thanks for the update and congrats on the SSI. I'm so happy to hear all this wonderful news...

I will continue to pray for your husband and you!!

God Bless
    Hugs
    Bluerose
  7. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

What happened to your husband? I'm glad he's doing better.

Just read your bio - I love Sammy too! I have an old mantle clock in my basement that doesn't work and it's set to 8:05.
  8. bozey

bozey New Member

for you for all your good news. Hope everything keeps coming your way.

bozey
  9. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Yeah, Julie! Things have been so bad for you, and now all this good news! Revel in it! I'm just so happy for you.

Sue
  10. LEFTYGG

LEFTYGG Member

YIPPEE!!!!! IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU I LOVE GOOD NEWS
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i am so happy you have prevailed! we just need to get others approved quickly and effeciatley.

i am happy your hasband so doing ok now! that is wonderful news. he sounds as if he may have a stroke or something i can't remeber the details or if you even gave a dx of what did happen. remember reading your post and prayed for you both.

well better things will come for you all.

well best wishes,

jodie
  12. lightkeeperkathy

lightkeeperkathy New Member

God always takes care of us. I'am so happy for you. I will pray for you and your family. I knew everything would work out. Take care of yourself Kathy
    [This Message was Edited on 08/29/2005]
  13. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

Hi, glad to hear that you got ssi on first try! Maybe I will be that "lucky", although I dont count on it. Hope your husband continues to improve.
    RRSbaby