St Johns Wort no longer sold at ProHealth. Why?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pris2000, Jun 15, 2008.

1. pris2000

pris2000 New Member

I don't know if higher level staff ever read the board, but I'm curious why, after years, ProHealth is discontinuing the sale of this supplement that helps me immensely . I was on automatic order and got a notice that I would begin receiving tryptophan instead. I called to cancel that and the gal I spoke to kept trying to assure me that this was just as good.

I'm not posting to say tryptophan isn't good, but to protest that these are two different supplements that work in two different ways and line staff and the catalogue shouldn't be inferring that they act the same.

I couldn't get through to anyone with any knowledge about the switch on the phone so hope I will here.

2. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

bump for pris2000
  3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Strange about the tryptophan.

Anyway, I just wanted to note that you should be careful to buy a good brand of St. Johns Wort now that you have to buy it elsewhere. A lot of the products that don't cost very much have been found to have very little of the chemical that helps.

Check to make sure that it is standardized for hyperforin as well as hypericam (sp?). Some say that the former is the more chemically active of the two.
  4. floridagrl

floridagrl New Member

It can interact with a lot of medications including certain anti anxiety and anti depressants which a lot of us take. Maybe thats why?
  5. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

It also causes miscarriages & makes the skin sensitive to sun.
  6. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

Also elevates blood pressure.