St. Louis Physician

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by maverick76, Jan 4, 2007.

  1. maverick76

    maverick76 New Member

    I know people have asked this question before, but does anyone know of a doctor in the St. Louis area who even recognizes CFS as an illness. I cannot seem to find a doctor in the area and I've seen several. I'm tired of seeing specialists who will only look at one specific problem when I have several (weakness, fatigue, pain, acid reflux/ulcers, dizziness, insomnia).

    If you know of a good primary care doctor, please let me know as well. I was trying to find someone who will possibly prescribe low doses of hydrocortisone. An orthopaedic doctor had prescribed me a short-term course of prednisone and I felt much better. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.
  2. maverick76

    maverick76 New Member


    I don't live near the airport, but I don't mind the drive. My PCP wants to leave my situation to specialists. Each specialist then throws it off to another specialist (the neurologist says I have an autoimmune problem and to go see a rheumatologist; the rheumatologist says I have a neurological problem and to go see a neurologist).

    Thanks for your help, I appreciate it very much.
  3. maverick76

    maverick76 New Member

    I just might give his office a call.

    I live in Kirkwood, which isn't terribly far away.

    Thanks again.

[ advertisement ]