Stabbing pain in head

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lin21, Mar 12, 2003.

1. lin21

lin21 New Member

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had this symptom? I've been having a really bad day today and suddenly I got this stabbing pain on the right of my head and I thought I was going to pass out. Could this be happening from all the stress I've been under?
    I'm scared.

Lin
  2. dghoover

dghoover New Member

I've had stabbing pains in the right side of my head, that is one of the things that sent me back to my doctor. I have Lupus too and thought it might be connocted to that be she didn't think so. I went through a lot of test (all Neg.) that is when I was dx with fibro, that's been 3 years ago and I still have the stabbing pain in my head if I'm really stressed out.

I can't say for sure that is why you are having the stabbing pain but it can happen. I will pray for you.

dghoover
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Those pains are scary, I have had them manytimes. I also have Fibro. I started to take magnesium, then I upped my amount of vitamin E, they stopped.

But if I get angry or stressed about something, I will get them.

Try to not let your emotions get away from you, I know, thats easy to say, but hard to do!

The magnesium is wonderful for all those crazy things we get. Its natures natural tranqualizer, thats probably why it helps us so much.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

who got those stabbing pains. WOW they hurt. Now I know I'm not alone.
    Carlacat
  5. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I also get those stabbing pains in the right side of my head. The pain comes in intrivils about a minute apart lasting on long couple of seconds. I also get the same type of pain in my ear lopes. It sounds odd but it is just as painful as those pains in your head. I figure this is just one of those fms things that I have to learn to manage. When I first starting having this I had no idea that I had fms. It was scarry.
    Soft hugs,
    Crissie
  6. pamela

pamela New Member

I have had the stabbing pains in my head. Mine are either from stress and/or hormones. Also diet can play a major part in this if you have reactions to food or meds. Hope she is better...Pamela
  7. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I get those stabbing pains in my head a lot. It used to scare me but after so many years of it, I know its just this DD. I can remember having them as a kid.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The "ice pick in the head" pains. I get them right behind my right ear and they are worse when I am stressed. The pain is blinding and stops me in my tracks.

Love, Mikie
  9. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

Hello. I also get the stabbing pains in my head. It can be all over, but mine is mostly on the right side. I haven't been able to figure out what makes them better or worse. I may try the increase in the Vitamin E that some have mentioned. I have been taking Tylenol daily to help them. I have had a MRI, and it was okay. They can be scary! I also posted a thread similar to yours if you want to check it out. Have a blessed day!!!
  10. lin21

lin21 New Member

Well that explains it , I was very stressed yesterday when I heard my LTD was denied once again.
  11. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

Comprehensive Head Ache Center that gave me Aventyl (sp)60mgs pd for about 18 months. They said it was a chemical imbalance and it can be cured. I will say for me it worked. They were nuerologists (sp). Good luck to you all. Kim and Gary
  12. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I GET THOSE STABBING PAINS IN MY HEAD TOO. I JUST FIGURED IT WAS THE SERZONE I'M ON, THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE.