Stachybotrys chartarum

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Slayadragon, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

This is some info from Wikipedia, for Erik.

Note that if you look under the tzaraath entry, it says that if this gets into your house, you may need to tear down the whole thing brick by brick.

If you could prove that stachybotrys chartarum really is tzaraath, that would be a pretty good precedent for starting a movement to tear down similarly infected buildings now....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stachybotrys_chartarum

Stachybotrys chartarum (obsolete: Stachybotrys alternans and Stachybotrys atra) is a greenish-black mold that is commonly found outdoors and sometimes found in damp or flooded homes. It was originally described from the wall of a house in Prague in 1837 by Czech mycologist August Carl Joseph Corda. It requires constant moisture in order to grow.

Health problems related to this mold have been documented in humans and animals since the 1930s (and it is even considered a likely candidate for the Biblical condition mistranslated as "leprosy", tzaraath). More recently, S. chartarum has been linked with so-called sick building syndrome. However, the link has not been firmly established in the scientific literature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzaraath

If tzaraath were to appear upon the bricks of a house, everything in the house would be removed from the house, and a kohen would then examine the bricks. Depending on the severity of the tzaraath, the bricks may need to be removed, or the house demolished.

[This Message was Edited on 03/07/2007]
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I am becoming more and more interested in the stachybotrys chartarum stuff.

Did the doctor who had such an extreme response specialize in CFS? Regardless, did anything come of his conversion to "believing" in the problem?

So now you avoid sc at all costs. Do you think this has helped you? Have you improved over time, or has it just kept you from feeling acutely bad?

Do you think that the sc is still in your body? Or do you think it did permanent damage? Or do you think it was a stress trigger that caused you to become weak and then to get the "killer flu" that started your CFS (maybe by letting in some sort of bad virus)?

Other than avoiding sc, what has helped your CFS the most over time?

Have you ever talked to Dr. Guyer about sc? I will bring it up to him at some point, although I'm not sure I'll have time at my next meeting in a couple of weeks since I have a bunch of treatment-specific stuff to discuss.

I'd like to be able to keep in touch with you over time, if it's okay. if indeed I do follow my doctor's suggestion of writing a book on how I got better (even though I have yet to get better), understanding more about toxic exposure (and specifically toxic exposure in Incline Village) might be really useful.

So if you ever think of leaving the board (temporarily or permanently), please let me know, if you don't mind.

Thanks!!!

Best, Lisa

[This Message was Edited on 03/08/2007]
  3. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hmm, this is interesting. I wonder if the people who were poisoned by mold have fractured RNaseL particles.

Forebearance