Standard process Drenamin or the pmg question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mylilcappi, Oct 25, 2010.

1. mylilcappi

mylilcappi New Member

Does anyone know if these contain steroids of any kind. I cannot take steroids, and have problems with my HPA Axis.

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

They don't contain steroids. I'm taking Drenamin right now, actually. It is an adrenal glandular product. Here's a sheet which lists its ingredients:

You mention problems with your HPA axis. if your cortisol levels are high, a very good product to normalize them is Seriphos (phosphorylated serine). However, if your levels are low, then don't take it. It worked really well for me when my cortisol levels were high and the best time to take it is in the morning.

3. mylilcappi

mylilcappi New Member

My cortisol levels are low. HOw is the Drenamin working for you?
    Thinking of trying pitutrophin and the hypothalamus, but first wanting to go to a chiropractor. They claim they can run some tests as well, such as saliva, and hair analysis.

thanks for your response
  4. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Drenamin has worked well for me in the past. Right now I'm on a very low dose, sort of a maintenance dose for my adrenals. Many years ago my adrenals were really very weak, I felt physically weak as a kitten, and my chiropractor who did muscle testing found my weak adrenals. My regular doctor never even checked. At that time the chiro gave me Drenatrophin PMG by Standard Process (very similar to Drenamin, also an adrenal glandular product), and within a couple of days my energy started to pick up. It worked really really well, and I've taken similar products off and on as needed ever since.

A good test is the Adrenal Stress Index Test (a saliva test) which measures cortisol levels and gives an indication of adrenal functioning. I don't know if a chiropractor can order this test, or if it has to be an MD. I did have a naturopath order it once.

My CFS doctor does hair analysis and that can be useful too.

I think the saliva testing and hair analysis sounds good, hopefully it can give you a better picture of what's going on. and if your chiro does muscle testing, hopefully he or she can get more info that way too.

Good luck -

5. u&iraok

u&iraok New Member

I took Drenamin for adrenals and also the SP formulas for pituitary, hypothalamus, thyroid and ovaries. My problem was found to have originated with my pituitary. They can test and tell you which to take, how much and when. A very small dose works well. They helped me tremendously.
  6. mylilcappi

mylilcappi New Member

Thanks for the reply. I hope someone or something can help me. Trying to get into see a Chiro.
  7. mylilcappi

mylilcappi New Member

What problem was or is that originated from the pituitary? Mine is coming from there as well. I'm glad you are doing well now. I'm very sick.

8. u&iraok

u&iraok New Member

After some tests my Naturopath said my problem stemmed from my Anterior Pituitary. I already knew I had a bad adrenal problem and was working on that and a thyroid problem, which wasn't as bad.

So then he put me on Hypothalamus glandular and Pituitary glandular. I found info on the HPA axis and thought, hmm, that sounds like me. I think mine was messed up since childhood, at least in part by a bad childhood and the stress I underwent as a result, which permanently damages the developing system.

My endocrine problems got better but wouldn't completely go away. It was only after Standard Process that my endocrine problems were fixed or at least as well as they can be, I think there's permanent damage. First the drenamin for the adrenals then my thyroid which had gotten worse in the meantime. I also took the ones for hypothalamus, pituitary and ovaries, which I mentioned.

I'm sorry you're very sick. I was too, so much so, that strangers I passed on the street would stare at me in horror. A messed up endocrine system makes your eyes look really bad--sunken and dark circles and tired with a certain look that's different from say, anemia--do you have that?

Hang in there--the SP usually works really fast, a couple of months. It gives your glands the 'bluerprint' via PMGs to rebuild themselves. Are you doing supportive things, like eating several small meals with protein a day, sleeping well, no sugar or caffeine, extra sodium with a good salt, iodine, avoiding stress, not over-exercising, taking vitamins and minerals like B complex, esp. Vitamin B5, and others, and maybe licorice and rhodiola or holy basil?
  9. mylilcappi

mylilcappi New Member

Hi u,
    Thank you so much for your response. My problem lies within the anterior as well. Lack of ACTH. But it bounces all around according to my tests. But they also have to freeze ACTH immediately. So I really don't know if the labs are getting things right. I just know my symptoms, which are horrendous. No, I do not have anemia. I had radio active iodine to kill my thyroid ten years ago. I have Grave's disease. So now I'm hypothyroid. But still have the pituitary problem. So, I can't have iodine, becaue of Grave's.

I take a anti anxiety med. Klonopin. This drug acts on the same gaba receptors as steroids. You would not believe the interaction and I have been detoxing from a steroid for almost 4 months. I can't even put what goes on into words. It's like something from another world. Really Really TOUGH. Licorice has corticosteroid properties. So I can't take that. ANYTHING with those properties will hit my receptors and cause SEVERE symptoms.
    I know it's hard to understand if you have not experienced it. But that is what is happening to me right now.

This is my second detox from a steroid. This one I got stupid and desperate and took Wild Yam and homeopathic ACTH. It has literally lasted this long, and is continuing to do so.

The people on my benzo forum have been hit by a steroid, and it has done the same thing to them. Some not so severe and like me very severe. And they had been off their benzo for over a year. These things will still hit those receptors even being off the benzo. It's a HORRIBLE thing. I hope the chiropractor can help me. I'm losing all hope. At this point I think noone can help me. Because I simply cannot take a steroid.

I would like to start on B complex when and if the steroid will leave my receptors alone. But right now they make me fly. I also know that ACTH is not actually a steroid, but a hormone, however, it still did the same thing a steroid did to me the first time. Same symptoms. Can't even explain them. I can't over exercise. I can't even excercise. I'm so weak. Yes, I do eat smalll meals throughout the day with protein. NO sugar or caffeine for me. I did look into Rhodiola. I don't think it has steroid properties but read where it lowers cortisol.

Alot of people think that homeopathic medicine is for the birds. Well, for me it worked. And not in a good way. The wild yam, will chemically turn into steroids as well. At least for me it did. so i put a whole slew of steroids in me this time. The first time was hydrocortisone. IT took six months for it to hit my gaba receptors. I HAD to stop it. I was losing my mind. Took four months to leave.

Thanks for replying and listening. I'm glad those things have worked for you!!! As best they can anyway.
  10. mylilcappi

mylilcappi New Member

What do you do now? Do you still take everything? What about your thyroid? Do you have autoimmine thyroid such as hashi's? Or do you take anything for your thyroid, or is it regulating itself now?
  11. u&iraok

u&iraok New Member

I have a friend who had that done to her thyroid when she was a child because she was hyperthyroid. I worry about her, she's still young but has been on thyroid medication since she was a child. She got Bell's Palsy about a year ago and she didn't recover completely from it. She's pretty and single and now she's self-conscious about the slight twisting of her face. I hope she doesn't have any other problems.

I hope you have a good doctor that can help you with your thyroid. I don't know what can be done for a thyroid that had that done to it, I don't know if PMGs can bring anything back, if there's anything left. I hope you can find someone who can help. I'm sure a good doctor can tell you.

I don't take anything anymore for my thyroid or endocrine system, the SP seems to have fixed everything. I don't know if in the future it could get messed up again, since if the damage was done when I was a child it possibly can't be completely repaired, having gone until my 40's to treat it. I've had adrenal problems since I was a teen, possibly younger, but didn't know it.

I'm 46 and I wish all this stuff had been known when I was a child, I bet you do too.

12. mylilcappi

mylilcappi New Member

Went to a chiropractor on Saturday. I take thyroid meds for my thyroid. She put me on symplex f and hypothalamex. I'm scared to take these. they don't contain any steriods do they. Now it does have the ovary in it. Will it bring back progesterone or estrogen?
    What I guess I'm trying to say, is will if effect me the same way as the steroids, if it brings back progesterone or estrogen? I'm not sure how this quite works.

So good for you that the SP brought it back. My thyroid will never come back. I was doing pretty good for ten years with my thyroid, until these other problems with my pituitary, adrenals. So sorry for your friend.

Yeah I do too honey.
  13. mylilcappi

mylilcappi New Member

I have never found a good doctor. It's so sad..
  14. u&iraok

u&iraok New Member

Estrogen and progesterone and other hormones are involved with the endocrine system but so little is known exactly how it works. The system is so delicate and exacting. That's why the PMGs are so valuable--they let the glands repair themselves and then hopefully they'll do what they're supposed to. Hopefully, but the body is messed up in other ways with CFS. And once one part of the endocrine system is messed up, the other parts get out of whack because of the feedback loop. As with your thyroid. Who knows, maybe something is left of your thyroid, you never know.

The human body is so incredibly complicated and Health makes it even more so. Finding a good doctor is so hard--they have to be brilliant, committed and caring and have a lot of experience. Maybe you can get a recommendation in your area. Or from your chiropractor.

One good thing I've found with a good chiropractor (and good chiros are hard to find, too) is they admit that so little is known. And they know that the body has to be encouraged to help itself since we know so little. I guess you could say that the body knows more about the body than we do. But with CFS the body definitely needs help, it's being past the point of it being able to help itself on its own. Hopefully your chiro can help, unless you can find a good naturopath. (good NDs are hard to find, too. Sigh. And don't take insurance.) But it sounds like your chiropractor can help you, working with SP and with you.

Be positive--that makes such a difference they're finding now--the interaction between the mind and the body.

15. mylilcappi

mylilcappi New Member

Hey u,
    thank you.
    so, you don't think the symplex f is sterodial. I know I'm being neurotic about this, but it won't turn into steroids in my body like the other? I just can't go through this again with steroids. I told her I was detoxing from steroids, and she said they can be really mean, so I took that as such that this was not steroidal or she would not have given it to me???
    Pmg's just feed the organ???? Geeze I'm a wreck.
    Thanks much again for sharing and talking with me.
  16. mylilcappi

mylilcappi New Member

I did call the company. They were not very helpful as I guess they were with you. I guess what I am asking is would they chemically turn into steroids in my body. Like with the wild yam I took.

Thanks for chiming in.