Standard Process, Omega 3 Oils, problem searching archive

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shnopee, Jan 8, 2009.

1. shnopee

shnopee New Member

Hello everyone -

Happy New Year! I've been a member for a long time and read and learn from the very valuable posts that are here for the most part and have only posted on occasion since most of my questions are usually answered by searching the archives. For some reason though, every keyword I put in on the search box and tried by content, title, etc does not come back with a search result and I tested using keywords that I know should definitely come up with something. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong - never had this problem before.

My question though and I am sure it is in the archives if it would work for me, is has anyone used the Standard Process Tuna Omega 3 Oil and if they think it is safe? I've read and heard that SP is a reliable product(I would love to hear cons though as well) and was rec to me by my chiro who does nutritional testing.

I am very curious though that with all the literature out there saying to regulate consumption of tuna due to high levels of mercury and PCBs why SP would actually use this as their source of Omega 3. I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason for this but am just curious why they use that. I've asked my doctor directly and she says, "oh I'm sure it's of high quality, etc." but I don't think she really knows herself. I've called SP but they keep telling me to ask my doctor which I find very strange since they are the manufacturers of the product and not my dr so they should know more about it than someone who just dispenses it. I even find that answer of repeatedly telling me to ask my doctor quite discomforting.

Next question then would be, anyone have a rec for a good Omega 3 fish oil brand to take and dosage that they take(EPA and EHA dosage).

Thank you!
  2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi shnopee,

Ever since they updated this message board, the search function hasn't worked well. Hopefully the management will get it fixed eventually. It's very frustrating.

The reason Standard Process wants you to ask your doctor about their supplements is that they want to act like a drug company. They don't want to interact with the public. They want doctors to describe and prescribe their products, and supervise your taking them.

I trust their products to be the highest quality and I take some of them. But I take a different brand of fish oil. I really like Eskimo 3 by Enzymatic Therapy. It's my favorite.