Stanford University Announces Chronic Fatigue Biomarker

Discussion in 'News and Research' started by KerryK, Aug 2, 2017.

1. KerryK

KerryK Member

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Kerry

Thanks for the good news. I've had CFS for more than 30 years. I really thought it
    was another kick in the teeth when I found out many people including doctors
    felt it wasn't a real disease.

Rock
  3. KerryK

KerryK Member

I am still waiting for the public apologies from all the more prominent voices in the medical community that dismissed fibromyalgia and CFS as psychogenic or "bio-psycho-social" illnesses. We are way past due.
    TigerLilea and bct like this.
  4. bct

bct Well-Known Member

I would like something to come from this study that leads to the improvement in the lives of those afflicted, if not a cure. Maybe this will be a beginning.....

Thanks for the post, KerryK!
    Barry
    rockgor likes this.
  5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

I'm hoping that something will come out of this, and, also, the work of Ron Davies. However, having had CFS/ME for 26 years now, I'm not too optimistic anymore. There have been too many times research hasn't worked out the way we would like it to. :(
    bct and rockgor like this.
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Kerry

I re-posted the Stanford URL on the current Porchlight thread. It confirms what we
    knew all along. We are not people seeking attention; not mentally ill, lazy, liars, or
    Munchausenites.

The porch BTW is a thread that provides some of what meany of us miss. A social
    life. People talk about their medical problems, but also about what's going on in their
    life: pets, pet peeves, recipes, weddings, funerals, kids, etc. Drop by any time.

Thanks again.
    Rock
    bct likes this.