stanford VALCYTE trial

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ladybugmandy, Aug 4, 2008.

1. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hello. does anyone have word on when the official stanford valcyte trial results will be published?

thank you
  2. quilp

quilp New Member

3. Lichu3

Lichu3 New Member

it takes several months from article submission to actual printing in a journal. There's back and forth between the author/ journal reviewers where things need to be clarified and then the journal decides when to publish it as there is only limited space each issue and they have other articles to publish.

My feeling is the article has already been submitted but this back and forth is still occurring.

Glad to see you back on-line, Sue.
  4. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

thanks, guys.

jam....very interesting! i was curious as to what cheney thought of valcyte.

i do hope that the people who have been sick longer (like myself!) can have some hope for improvement through longer-term antiviral usage.

did cheney say that some of his patients did respond?

5. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hi all. i emailed K. Loomis, who told me it will take "several months" for the results to be published.

6. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

jam...thank you. you are a very kind, caring person to worry that i might be upset.

dr. lerner did indeed tell me that he feels that the short length of the montoya trial was the "main flaw".

7. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

i am very glad to hear your abnormal PAP was just inflammation. i had some signs of inflammation from a rectal scope too. i think our entire bodies are inflammed.

i think the only person who had CFS for a very long time and recovered in the 1st trial was michael manson. who knows how that happened! he must have some strange immune system!

i wonder if relapse can be prevented from taking maintenance valtrex, which is what they are doing now i think. dr. lerner seems to think so.

8. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

kelly...i will anxiously awaite the outcome of your next appt! i do hope it is good news.

jam...i think all the top CFS docs are in regular contact with eachother, though i am not sure about dr. lerner.

i hope you guys are doing OK. i am still stuck at maybe 5-10% improvement. i am a little scared my RNase L will still be very high. i get the results next week.

i wish i didn't start reading the CFS memorials. i used to do that in the past and it always made me quite depressed. the fact that i have had this so long is not a good thing...i often wonder, in the back of my mind, if dr. levine's predictions will turn out to be correct.

9. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

jam..thats perfectly OK! my fog is so bad i dont remember which thread i am reading anyway lol
  10. clo1

clo1 New Member

i'm sorry it's taken me awhile to report here...i saw dr. montoya last friday and asked him that specific question:"when will the trial results be published?" he said that he hopes to have all of the data completed and compiled by the end of october and that publication in a peer reviewed journal should occur sometime in january or february...he said that is optimistic, because it could take longer...apparently much of the data is still pending...i hope that regards, clo
  11. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

ty clo!

geez...that is a long time to wait!
  12. SpecialK82

SpecialK82 New Member

bummer...I'm anxious to see the results also.

oh well, I guess we've all gotten pretty good at waiting :(

thanks for the info clo1!
  13. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

LMAO you said it! thats the one good thing to come out of this hell....patience!
  14. stschn

stschn New Member

but we do want all the information that will come with the work in this trial. I'm sure ALL that blood Dr.Montoya has Stanford labs take has got to have some answers. I'm not even in the trial and I still give 7 to 9 vials every appointment.

About the over 15 years data-it's been close to 21 years for me and while I have no physical improvement. My mind is better. I'll take what I can get and be thankful for it but I sure want more.