Staphylococcus Toxoid Vaccine for CFS and Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Andrew111, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

I can't figure out if the study found this helped, because I'm not sure if their controls had CFS or Fibro too. Maybe someone else here knows about this.
  2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

the control groups did have CFS and Fibro, too...they had to have the same symptoms in order to see if there was an effect, and it talked about improvement vs lack of for both groups...does that make sense? In other words, if they didn't have CFS and Fibro there would be no symptoms to start with, so they wouldn't be able to see if there was any improvement. As to the results, it looks promising for fatigue and depression, but not so much for pain. In one of the pain measures, it says it was borderline for any significance (so any improvement was very minor and they probably couldn't really tell if it was due to the vaccine or not). In the other pain measure, they saw a similar amount of improvement for the control as they did for the test group. That does not mean that there wasn't improvement from the vaccine, but just says that it is hard to tell if the small amount of improvement they saw related to pain was real or just a placebo effect.
  3. Andrew111

Andrew111 Member

Yes, your answer makes perfect sense. I was so foggy when I posted, I could not see this.