Start Peptide Injections on Mon.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I saw my doc this morning and am starting the peptide injections on Mon. I'm so excited. I'll let y'all know how it goes. Could use some prayers for success. Thanks.

Love, Mikie
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I really appreciate your support. I'll let y'all know what happens. I'm excited and hoping for the best. As I understand it, if it's going to work, I'll feel it right away but with the first injection, it may not last long. If nothing happens by the third injection, they will be discontinued. If I even get five minutes of relief, I'll be sooooo happy as I'll know the injections will eventually work.

Thanks again.

Love, Mikie

PS: More good news--my GS, Andy, is being tested for the gifted program at his school. He's in first grade. Of course, I know he's gifted but I'm a bit biased!
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For all you sweet good wishes. I really appreciate them and will tell my daughter.

I missed most of Adrienne's show this morning but will catch it at 6:00 here in the East this evening. I did see her big $99 kit with BOGO's on the capsules and creams. I'm not desperate for any products at this time so unless something is reallllly a good deal, I'm gonna pass. Lots of expenses right now. That kit was a good deal but I'd rather not spend more than $79 for a kit. Also, I don't need makeup. I still have some from another kit ages ago and her stuff never seems to go bad.

Again, thank you. I'm sending you hugs and prayers for everything good.

Love, Mikie
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Hope they work for you !!! Let us know how it all goes for you. I will be thinking of you and saying a prayer or two also.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for your prayers. I'm miserable and whining due to not being able to take my meds. I hurt all over and have a horrible headache. I'll ask tomorrow whether I can, at least, take analgesics to relieve the pain. I can't take my regular meds until Wed. Oy!

Yesterday, I was excited; today, I'm just miserable but hopeful. I hope tomorrow I'm excited again because the shot is working. I'll let y'all know and thanks again.

Love, Mikie
  6. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I'm so glad for you! I know you've waited many months to give this a try. I'll say a prayer for you and hope to hear good news -

7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good news--the shot seems to be working. I'm posting under another thread about the experience. Sending up prayers for you too.

Love, Mikie
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Did you read about my peptide injections on the Fibromyalgia/CFIDS/ME board/ I have journaled about them over there. There is a spot in the upper left-hand corner of this page where you can select another board or you can click on it when you first log in after clicking on Community and then Message Boards.

There are only about 25 docs here in the US who are trained in this treatment which is more than 30 years old in Europe where it has been more than 90 percent successful. Drs. Dakos and Gomeringer are doing the injections in SW FL but they all seem to know who is available in other areas. These docs all attend seminars all over the world to further the knowledge of the treatment.

Dr. David Gomeringer
    13691 Metro Parkway, Ste.240
    Fort Myers, FL 33912

Thanks for your interest. I'm glad you found us.

Love, Mikie
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Just as I was getting the injection, the Red Tide Algae bloom hit just offshore here. I live close to the beach where dead fish are washing ashore. It kills sealife and makes people sick with respiratory problems, neurological symptoms and exhaustion. I get all three. So, because my body is fighting off these symptoms, I can't tell whether the injection is working. My mouth feels a bit dry but it's not a SS flare. I'll just wait it out until the Red Tide is gone.

The doc warned me that not all shots provide equal benefits. I can't expect every one to impact me as beneficially as the first one did. Oh well, we know they work in my system so I'll just keep on keepin' on. It's a long-term treatment protocol.

I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Love, Mikie
  10. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

continue to be beneficial, Mikie.

11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate the good wishes. So far, I think the Red Tide must still be around as I'm still coughing and lightheaded as well as exhausted. I slept off and on all day yesterday. I woke up today, New Year's Day, at 4:30 a.m. I'm watching Beyonce on the Palladium Channel until the reruns of "Ad Men" come on. Can't tell yet how I feel. I do have some patches of dark in my vision so I assume the Red Tide is still with us. I just hope it didn't block the second shot altogether.

I get the third shot on Jan. 24th. The first two are given two weeks apart and then, once a month for nine to twelve months, depending on how one does. Most people are fine by then but a few have to have "booster" injections every now and then.

I'll let y'all know how it goes. Thanks for your interest.

Love, Mikie
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I appreciate the support and want to share my experience with this treatment. Of course, everyone reacts differently but after 30 yrs. of use in Europe, there is plenty of anecdotal and scientific evidence that shows better than 90 percent success.

I am better today but not great. The last Red Tide report is a red alert just off the shore where I live. The spore counts are sky high. I'll just have to wait out the RT and see how it goes. The literature states that high levels of stress and infections can block the injections. I'm just hoping the shot wasn't completely blocked and I'll eventually get some benefit from it.

Thanks again.

Love, Mikie