started csm - feeling weird

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kd25, Jan 24, 2009.

1. kd25

kd25 New Member

I started csm this week. I am only up to 2 full doses per day. I feel strange, king of tingly and tired more. Is this typical? I also read on some posts on here that it can remove other meds from the body. How far apart do you all recommend taking the csm from other meds and supplements?

Thanks,
    kd25
  2. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi kd25,

I have felt tired while detoxing, but in a good way. I have sometimes had strange sensations too. They might be described as tingly. It's probably a good thing, I would guess.

Mostly the csm makes me feel better, as if toxins are being pulled out of me, and it gives me intestinal cramps and then makes me run to the bathroom. But if you take more of it, it can cause constipation, I have heard.

I know that some doctors, like Dr. Shoemaker, want a person to take a fair amount of csm. The standard dose is something like 4 packets a day, isn't it? I just couldn't handle taking that much of it. So I take what I can handle, and it still works fine for me.

Aha! I just remembered that it can be easier on the digestive system to work up gradually on the dose of csm. Is that what you are doing?

I try to take the csm as far away from other supplements and meds as possible. But I take supplements all day long, so it's challenging. The best I've been able to do is to take it two or three hours after supplements, and one hour before. Also, it's supposed to be taken on an empty stomach when it's being used for detoxing.

If you take it with food, it will soak up the fat from the food, which is not what we are trying to do. Most of us are not trying to reduce our cholesterol.

I haven't heard a lot of people report on how they felt while taking it. Please let us know how it goes for you. Thanks!

Forebearance
    [This Message was Edited on 01/24/2009]
  3. kd25

kd25 New Member

I appreciate your advice. I have been reading your posts for a while, on mold and csm and everything.

Yes, I am supposed to be working up to 4 packets per day, but I am not sure if I can handle more than the two. How much do you take? Sounds like I have been taking the same approach as far as trying to separate it from other meds. How long have you been on the csm? How long before you really started feeling better?
  4. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

Hi kd25,

I'm so glad to know that you've been reading my posts. It's such a new area of treatment that I feel like I should write what happens to me. As one guinea pig to another.

I hope your doctor is flexible about dosing if you need to take less than the standard amount. I drive most doctors crazy because I usually have to adjust the doses of things. I take much less than 1 packet. Just a sprinkle of the powder in water.

I've been on it about three and a half months. I started Oct. 1st.

Boy, how long before I really started feeling better? Let me think. I was already avoiding mold and taking soluble fiber for a while before starting the csm. So I was already feeling better. The csm just kind of added to the progress. It's hard to say.

I hope you notice a difference soon. I think I remember Dr. Shoemaker writing that most people start feeling better in three or four days.

Love,
    Forebearance
    [This Message was Edited on 01/24/2009]