Started NADH Today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kch64, Feb 4, 2006.

1. kch64

kch64 New Member

I started taking the NADH today for energy. I know it will take time to get into my system.

Has anyone else had success with this for fatigue?

Kendra
  2. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I am going to be starting it soon as a detoxifying supplement.

Jennifer
  3. kch64

kch64 New Member

4. angelstarr

angelstarr New Member

I started taking it recently, I also started taking Lyrica so I cannot tell you for sure which is working but I only take the NADH on the days I work. IT is awesome... I can make it through a shift pretty good.

I find about 8-9pm I start to slow down. and tonight I am thinking about taking another one closer to supper. I take the first one at 2pm I will take the other one at 6. I will see how I do.

I wasn't aware of the detoxifing effects, I am also taking Milk thistle because I take so many meds. Can you explain the detox effects? or give me a place to read them?

thanks
    hugs
    Angel
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I found I had to take 20 mg. to get results, nothing happened on a lower dose. It was very expensive at that dose, around $70 a month.

After about 7-10 days, I forget exactly how many, I noticed a big increase in energy. It was great, I had stamina, etc. This lasted about 11 days, and then it stopped working. I kept taking for another month but it didn't help any more so I finally quit taking it.

But, we're all different. Some people are helped a lot by CoQ10 and that never did much for me.

So it's a possible a lower dose than 20 mg. may help you, it's possible it may help you longer than it did me. I think it's worth a try.

Mary
  6. jane32

jane32 New Member

It is probably the favorite things I take. I did hear after awhile it loses its effectiveness so we will see. My body may not depend on it as much as it use to b/c now I am on so many different thigns. It gave me my mornings back. I take it first thing in the morning. You have to watch for interactions though with it-no acid including Oj for two hrs. after taking it and you have to wait to eat about 30-40 mins. I take 10 mg. I noticed the results with in days but everyone is different. I take the Enada small pills that you swallow brand for about 4 months now. I have not had any detoxing results from it though.
  7. kch64

kch64 New Member

Thanks for the replies. Mornings are the worst for me and thats where I need the most help.

I'm hoping it will help me with my overall fatigue issues.

Kendra
  8. kch64

kch64 New Member

What do you do for a Living? I sometimes wish I worked evenings and nights because I always feel better then. Mornings are hard for me.

I work in an office from 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM.

thanks,
    Kendra
  9. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

I've got to get the paperwork - I will post tomorrow about the detoxifying effects.

I'm glad to hear that some of you have had an energy boost, although sad to hear that it doesn't last forever. Any side effects from it, like anxiety,etc.?

Jennifer
  10. kch64

kch64 New Member

I haven't heard of the detox effects either. I'm very interested.

Thanks.
    Kendra
  11. angelstarr

angelstarr New Member

Hi
    I am a Nurse. I work 3-11. I tried to work 7-3 and while it was nice to have my evenings free I couln't get to work. I had to get up at 4 am just to be to work an 7.

That is not good.

3-11 seems to work for me. My hubby works the same shift and we are kinda night owls. Watching TV till at least 1-2am. depending what's on.

I have to let my body wake up on its own which seems to be around 11am.... Makes for not getting much done on work days but I only work 3 days regular and once and awhile 4 days. So it is better.

I have only been taking the NADH during work days because it is so expensive. I also take a ton of vitamins and supplements and MEDS... YUCK!!
    Wish I didn't have to but then I am in the hands of God. and if he wants me to take them I will.

I have RA and Lupus too.

Somedays it is difficult to differentiate between Fibro and the RA because everything hurts.

Take care

Big HUGS
    Angel
  12. kch64

kch64 New Member

Thanks for the reply. I have to work from 6:30 AM to 3 PM and the mornings are very hard on me.

that seems to be my worst time of day. i'm like you and like am a nightowl, but it does me no good with a early morning job.

RA is terribly painful I've heard. Don't know how you manage nursing, but I'm glad you're still going strong.

The Lord knows all.

Hugs and thanks.
    Kendra

13. shan1078

shan1078 New Member

What is NADH?

I must know. It sounds like it works wonderful. Is it prescription?

PLEASE let me know

THank you!!
  14. shan1078

shan1078 New Member

15. jane32

jane32 New Member

It is over the counter. You can find it here on the prohealth shop.
  16. kch64

kch64 New Member

It's a supplement. You can buy it here in the store (where I got mine).

It was researched by a Ph.D M.D. Berkmeyer at Georgetown university.

it is a co-enzyme that helps the cells of the body have energy.

the other name for it "brand name" is ENada.

Hope it helps you. If it does, let us know.

K.
  17. shan1078

shan1078 New Member

O.K. guys, I just bought it, 2 seconds ago.
    I can't wait to try it. I get horribly fatigued,and worn out. I have tried some Metabolift stuff from GNC, but it just made me jittery.

So, thanks for the info.

One more Question: Are there any known side effects?

Thanks, can't wait!!
  18. kch64

kch64 New Member

there are no side effects that I know of. I'm really sensitive to stuff, so if I get any, I'll let you know.

still waiting on busymom to get the detox information. I'd like to read it.

Kendra
  19. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Please could you keep us informed as to how you get on with this? Thanks!
  20. kch64

kch64 New Member

Its helping me. I can feel my energy lifting.

I'll keep you posted.

Kendra