Started physical therapy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Suncatcher, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Suncatcher

Suncatcher New Member

I started physical therapy last evening with a massage. Felt good. They sign me up for a massage once a week and two other days I will be doing some slow walking on a tredmill or stretching. I know nothing will really get rid of my symptoms but it will feel good.
  2. Suncatcher

Suncatcher New Member

I started physical therapy last evening with a massage. Felt good. They sign me up for a massage once a week and two other days I will be doing some slow walking on a tredmill or stretching. I know nothing will really get rid of my symptoms but it will feel good.
  3. fibolady

fibolady New Member

massages are wonderful. since you are there for your fms, they must know not to give one of those intense massages that leave you hurting worse.

good luck with the tredmill, i have been walking this summer and feel my stamina is better on regular days, but my flares are "just as bad" and take me back to 0. now my motto is, i'm gonna hurt no matter so might as well be in better shape. i stretch everyday no matter what. they will give you some very good pointers. do you have a good matt at home. i found one a few years ago that is about an inch of foam, the yoga matts don't have enough sponge for me.

good luck going, i know sometimes half the battle will just be getting there!

warm regars, fibolady
  4. herblady

herblady New Member

you're lucky, i've never had a massage in physical therapy. i think i'll ask about it. i'd love a massage, heaven! cindi
  5. suejones

suejones New Member

I start my physical therapy today and I can't wait. I'm just hoping it does me some good with the pain. I've never ahd a real massage either so I will definatley ask about those.

Sue
  6. Bunnylover

Bunnylover New Member

Hi,
    I have had numbness and severe pain in left leg,since June and Dr. has been treating me and nothing works. He discovered I had arthritis in hip joint but wanted to send me for MRI but insurance won't pay. They insisted I be sent for Therapy and I went yesterday for first time. She did various things to evaluate and it blowed my mind when she said she could'nt understand why they sent me to her. She said I needed MRI because there definately was something wrong that needed attention and did'nt know how I have dealt with this pain so long. She was so nice that I almost cried. She told me she would try to help but if in 3 wks she would send me back to Dr. recommending the MRI. She understood about FMS. Go back tomorrow and looking forward to actually seeing someone who understands. Terri
  7. JannyW

JannyW New Member

My doctor is sending me for PT as well ... I've already talked to the therapists & they know I have fibro -- they're the ones who suggested I come in. Hoping this will help some as I'm in a major flare-up at the moment.

Jan ^v^