Started Reflexology

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Dee50, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Yesterday I started reflexology and Raindrop Technique massage. 1 1/2 hours long for $50.00. Great price!
    I was pleased. I'm going back in about one week. Many sore spots. It's going to take time but I think I'm headed down the right road! LOL
    Has anyone else used these methods of massage?
  2. kimkane

kimkane New Member

Hi Dee, I also get reflexology. Fibro affects my legs horribly. I could hardly walk before and now I walk almost normal.

Glad it helps you. I was told to drink plenty of water.....before during and after. to help rid your body of toxins.

Good luck, Kim
  3. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I think I'll shop around and try a couple different reflexology pro's. Thanks for the feedback
    Dee 50
  4. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

I think reflexology can be great, but I would worry about the raindrop technique massage. It is pretty controversial because they use essential oils in ways that professional aromatherapists think are dangerous.

I started studying aromatherapy, reading about potiential dangers and risks (more than you would think--essential oils are very powerful substances), but I hadn't heard of raindrop technique.

Then, I went to a masseuse in town here, and as she was giving me my massage, I noticed she was sprinkling something on my skin that burned, but it didn't burn badly enough for me to say anything. Then she was telling me that she practices raindrop technique. I had no clue what it was, so when I got home, I checked it out. I have decided not to go back to her. She used peppermint essential oil neat on my skin--several drops. Of course, whatever massage oil she had used was on my skin but I know it wasn't enough to provide a safe dilution. My skin was red for quite awhile and very sensitive and burned-feeling.

So, you may want to read up on the raindrop technique--it is a controversial treatment because of the neat use of essential oils.

TAke care,
    Nicole
    [This Message was Edited on 07/20/2005]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/20/2005]
  5. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I will do a search. I don't no what neat is.
    Dee 50
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

what the neat means...

Hugs,
    Faye
  7. CFIDSNicole

CFIDSNicole New Member

neat means undiluted. Just putting the drops on your skin by themselves. In aromatherapy, essential oils are almost always diluted in a carrier oil before being applied to the skin (for safety reasons). Some oils can be used neat on the skin without danger--lavender, tea tree, and chamomile.

Nicole

8. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Ok now I get it. The oils did not heat up on me and she did use a base oil first. But... I found a gal I like better. No raindrop straight reflexology. She has very gentle hands I can't handle going to deep into the pressure points...to painful. No more pain please!
    Dee 50
  9. Christinetee

Christinetee New Member

I am so wanting a Reflexology treatment even more so now. I usually go each month and enjoy it so much! I've been going to the same one for over a year and she uses the right amount of pressure. I've been known to fall asleep. For an hour, she charges $35. I have a question here, do you tip people who give massages/reflexology treatments? I've been tipping $5 as I feel bad if I don't tip. She's so good n all.

Lynda
  10. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

Hey all,
    I am a reflexologist, Reiki Master, certified massage therapist and I also do Raindrop Therapy, so if you have any questions, please feel free.

Personally, I dilute the oils in case of sensitivities and also because we live in a sue-happy society, but I prefer the effectiveness of the undiluted oils on ME as I feel it is more effective. The oils will heat up and tingle. That is normal. HOWEVER, your therapist should always clear sensitivities with you prior.

When I first got RDT, I did not feel my FMS for 3 days, a record for me as even after a massage I'm right back where I started the next day. I also felt "clearer", lighter and as if someone turned a light on in my brain. I wanted to do this for others and so I learned it.

I do it a little differenlty because my practice caters to people with FMS &CFS and so i use hot stones and reflexolgy in the session.

I must say $50 for an hour in a half is a GREAT price.

And yes, you do tip your reflexology/massage therapist. If you feel your therapist has done an excellent and caring job on you, the normal tip is 15- 20 % of the services.

When I work on people for an hour and a half, they usually give me a $15-20 tip. An hour massage I usually get a $10 tip.

ANy questions about this stuff feel free to ask
    [This Message was Edited on 07/22/2005]