Started Topomax

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Five0, May 8, 2006.

1. Five0

Five0 New Member

My doc started me on topomax yesterday. I had to go see him to get a shot for the migraine that I had. I was reading online about this drug, and I was wondering if anyone had the side affect that was explained on the drug. I really don't need my blood turning acidic or the possible problens with the kidney's or the bone problem. I have enough going on with the bones in my lower back and hips. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  2. texasmaia

texasmaia New Member

What dosage did he start you on?

I think I wrote to you a week or so ago on the Topamax. I only take 25 mg a day and it has helped me tremendously. I say that to tell you that is a very small dose and yet it still works to prevent my migraines. I don't worry about the side effects, because it is such a low dose.

I have only experienced dry mouth, but I can handle that. Makes me drink more water, which is good anyway.

You might not feel so great at first but in a few days I was fine.

Hope you have no trouble and the migraines are a goner!
    Maia
  3. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i have been on topamax 150mg a day for about 3yrs for headaches. i had to work up to that dose because it made me drowsy at first. other then that there have been no side effects and it has been the only thing that ever worked for the headaches. as far as i'm concerned it's a miracle drug.
    rachel