Started weight loss plan yesterday anyone with me?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kimba4318, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Thought you all would understand, more than anyone, the daily struggles. The pounds are just packing on me and I have to do something before I feel too far gone.

I have horrible carb cravings, but it is time to do something. Anyone want to keep track of weight loss with me? Maybe we can report our lbs. lost or any kind of exersize we may be able to do (even just 10 minutes or so of physical activity - would be better than nothing).

Let me know -
    Hugs:)
    Kim
    .... hmmm.... I am hungry :-(
  2. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I'm there with you, I crave sweets/sugar ALL the time.
    I'm looking into buying the total gym and see how that works or maybe join Curves. I just started my plan Monday, so lets hope we can do it!!

love to all, Ann
  3. georgie0826

georgie0826 New Member

I have the same problem and everytime they add a new medicine i gain more weight. I'm going to start using my treadmill, for as long as I can stand it. I also think I will dig out my rebounder.
    I am always craving sweets. Do you think that could be from some of our meds?
  4. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

Lets log our exersize and maybe what we avoided in "bad stuff" that week or day. It's so easy to just say "forget it" esp. when that may be they only thing that seems to bring us temporary joy (sad I know).

As far as the meds.... I really wonder too - it seems for me too, the more meds, the more weight - hmmmm. Still got to fight it though I guess.

If anyone has EASY low fat recipes - please fill me in... I am always making things fairly fast which end up being - not low fat.
    Hugs :)
    Kim
  5. opticaltech

opticaltech New Member

Im with you!..How bout starting a thread that we can all go to everyday to log or chat about progress...something we all recognize the title to be the thread starter?...Lina
  6. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

what should we call it?? Any thoughts..
    Hugs...
  7. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

I have so been wanting to start something and keep trying to no avail...I was also going to ask for some 'buddies' to motivate me so I am glad you started this thread and have so many others wanting to 'lose the flubber'...

I am having a bad day today (moreso than usual) so I am kinda just hanging in writing this...I too crave sweets and carbs but I used to be a MEAL eater only...When I first started with all these health problems I was 138 well proportioned pounds...Now I hate to say that I'm rounding the 200 mark...

I just bought a rebounder and I love it BUT I am now outta comission after only two rounds of 'bouncing'...I also have a treadmill (dust collector) and an ab-doer (doing nothing for my abs)...I am sooooooooooooooooo tired, sooooooooooooo swollen and sooooooooooooooooo fed up with all these symptoms and not being able to handle pain meds or anything for inflammation...PLUS, my patience is wearing thin so making meals and counting and sorting supplements is getting old too....Phooey!!!

I am with you girls...Let's lose the flubber together...I promised myself to start on my 39th birthday (8/8) and lose 60 lbs. by the spring, or at least by my next birthday...My goal was to be 140 by the time I turn 40...Someone help me!!!

The only thing that makes me feel better is doing the 'high protein' thing such as South Beach or a modified version...But lately my mental capacity and fog, PLUS the pain and swelling are just too damn much...Did I forget to mention that the weather change puts me in a coma for a good 6 months too?

Okay, now that I have told everyone my troubles, you still want me to be a part of this??? tehe

How bout the name of the thread...LOSE THE FLUBBER...it's cute and to the point...C'mon gals, let's try and do this and motivate one another...We can do this!!! Give us something to occupy our minds and a place to come for support...

Are we ready?

Let us know~Alicia

PS. I'd like to fit into Prickles outfit by this time next year...Prickles, you are adorable!!!
    [This Message was Edited on 10/05/2006]
  8. ckahele

ckahele New Member

This is great cause I just started weight watchers last week.

Had my first 'moment of truth' last nite and....
    I'm down 5.6 lbs baby!

I've been walking my dog in the field across of my house for exercise. I like that cause if I feel good I can walk faster/longer but if I feel lousy I can walk slower/shorter.

I think it's important to have support. It makes you feel not alone and helps with motivation.

Great idea Kim!
    Cyndy

9. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Every day I write down what I eat, what supplements I take, what, if any, exercise I accomplish, what symptoms are bothering more than others and the days weather...I do this to see if I can define 'triggers', it hasn't helped me much tho :(

So I thought I would write my own daily chart of starting weight, foods I ate, supps I took, exercise I did and any other steps I took toward weight loss...And so it's not so monotaneous (sp?), we don't have to be so exact, most times I cannot be, so I will post WHATEVER I would like to 'recall' or think may motivate others or give others ideas...Is anyone getting this? I'm sorry, really bad day for me and apparently getting worse...

So can we start by posting tomorrow as DAY ONE~LOSE THE FLUBBER...The next day DAY TWO~LOSE THE FLUBBER...etc.etc.etc...

I bet many more would come on board once we get started...I am sure it will be fun too...Plus, we get to see what is working for others and more importantly, be there for 'support' at those times when we want to grab that cookie, ya know...

Okay, Looks like Prickles and I are waiting to hear from the rest as to the next step...I started dinner allready tonite and am def having apple pie and ice cream afterwards (it was planned allready, and if I don't eat my share, hubby eats it all and I can't have that now, can I?)

So, I will begin tomorrow morning and will be right here to join the rest of you in LOSING THE FLUBBER...

Feel free to change the post name, I just get a giggle outta FLUBBER and whatever makes me laugh is a wonderful thing...

Are we ready ladies? (gents too, if interested)
  10. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

bumpity bump bump
  11. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

Have any of you ever tried that system that I think delivers all meals and snacks to your door? My husband agreed that we could both do that for the 4 weeks and you get a fifth week free.

I would love some information first from anyone who has done this?

Jana
  12. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I was told it's very expensive and the food is not all that great, do you have a L.A. weight loss centre there were you are? I'm thinking of joining it.

love to all, Ann
  13. Clay2

Clay2 New Member

My sister swears that Dr Perricone's supplements work to control her cravings. Has anyone tried it?

(ok,hi, I'm Clay's wife, not Clay. He doesn't have our problem.)