Starting Bowen Therapy For Fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jasmine, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hi!
    I'm very excited because I am starting Bowen Therapy for my fibromyalgia. It's a very gentle massage that it supposed to be like accupressure and reiki. I'm going for three sessions and then I'll see how it's working. Normally you're supposed to go for three sessions to begin with and then maybe need more later. My new naturopathic physician does Bowen and also nutritional supplements. I also got 14 blood tests done through her so I'm hoping for some enlightening news. Anyone tried Bowen therapy? I'd love to hear from anyone with positive or negative Bowen experiences! Thanks

Love, Jasmine
  2. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I'm so glad to hear that Bowen therapy helped you so much. I really hope it will release my painful neck and shoulder spasms and maybe improve my breathing by releasing my tight chest muscles. I'm feeling very encouraged! Thanks for the reply! I'm doing Bowen in the U.S. in New England! My practitioner seems really nice and competent.

Love, Jasmine

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I really hope this works for you. Please let us know what you think. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  4. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Jasmine, I haven't heard of that before but it sounds interesting. Please keep us updated on how it works for you. My mom has been pushing me to try massage therapy, but i've been concerned since being touched is so painful.
  5. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

The best part is that my health insurance is paying for these sessions and the doctor is only 20 minutes away from me. I live in a very rural area in the woods so it's not easy finding good doctors in the area.

Prickles, that's good news that it helps shoulder and neck and chest muscle pain. I could really use some relief from the muscle spasms.

Love, Jasmine
  6. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I loved my first Bowen Therapy session. I felt so relaxed and it was not painful or anything. The therapist just stretches the muscles gently and holds for a few seconds and then waits two minutes before the next move. My muscles are definitely in less spasm now.

Love, Jasmine
  7. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hello Prickles,
    I have my second Bowen in about two weeks. I felt extremely relaxed during Bowen and my shoulders and neck are in much less pain and spasm for the last 3 days. Unfortunately I didn't notice any strange little emotions being released at all. I just felt really mellow and the Bowen therapist mentioned that I seemed to get more and more relaxed as the session progressed.

By the way, I lived in Julich, Germany for a year near Aachen and Cologne and also spent 2 months studying at Goethe Institute, Goettingen during Junior year abroad when I was in college about 15 years ago. Also studied German at TH Aachen.

Love, Jasmine
    [This Message was Edited on 11/23/2006]
  8. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Bumping up!
  9. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

It's a great treatment.

I was told after my first treatment, that I had to be back within 7 -10 days for the second treatment. This is the one that sets the first treatment so the body will recocognize Bowen. I had 4 treatments and it was great. I need to go for some more, but the closest therapist is a loooong ways away.

I think I will make an appointment to go in a couple of weeks.

Prickles - the therapist did say that I may experience some emotional feelings, but I didn't.

Glad it helped you.