Starting Candida Diet

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mjgkennedy, Dec 26, 2005.

1. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

As of to-day I am going on the Candida diet. I ended up with cold sores and swollen lips because I drank Wine and ate pudding containing alchol and fruits etc. I had forgotton how sensitive I was.

I will have to find a Naturpath and someone who deals in allergies and who will help me as my life is a misery from Candida. I have had it all my life and I am fed up not being able to eat such a lot of foods. I also have Multiple Chemical Sensivities which isnt helped by my husbands smoking especially the pipe.

I am taking a very small amount of garlic and Acidiphulus Powder a quarter teaspoon sprinkled on my cereal. I am goin to find the worst part cutting out wheat.

I need all the help I can get.

Mary
  2. sdown

sdown New Member

Yes I can relate. I miss the sweets! Im on a candida diet too. Dec 24 & 25 I was bad and had sweets. Now Im being good again. I eat oatmeal or soup for breakfast. Lots of veggies and fruit. Its tough. Olive leaf extract helps detox from candida. Cod liver oil is good too. I take kelp. Hang in there!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/27/2005]
  3. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

It is hard but you can do it! Don't beat yourself up if you slip! The only fruits you chould eat are green apples and pears at first. Only 2 per day. Try these things. Plain yogurt stevia and one strawberry cut up. Vans Wheat free waffles. Wheat free tortillas. Smokehouse hazelnut crackers (made with rice flour & ground hazelnuts. Annies organics makes a vinegar free sald dressing I wasn't crazy about it but you may like it. Amys makes a sugar free spagetti sauce but it does have vinegar. Salsa is very easy to make with fresh veggies as dippers. The sugar part is very difficut you just have to go cold turkey and hang in there. it takes 2-3 weeks but the cravings do go away.

Good Luck and take care Lynn