Starting March's List

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beadlady, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

1. Call Ins. Co-to get info on scripts

2. After doing *1 Call in refills for scripts

3. The "little" grocery store having a good 3 day sale

[This Message was Edited on 03/02/2012]
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Beadlady, I can't believe that it's March already and we have a large to do list this month.

I still need to go have key's made....

Saturday we have Next Day Blinds coming to measure my skylights for new shades. The one's that came with the house are white and don't provide any insulation at all so I'm getting a nice chocolate brown color and hoping it helps to keep the room cooler this spring/summer.

We also have Sears coming to clean the air vents. I found almost an inch of dust in my bathroom vent recently, so again....hoping this helps.

Then we had another roof piece blow off during a recent windy day so we're seriously considering just having the roof replaced this month. We had the garage portion re-roofed a few months ago due to the hurricane damage.

Next week someone's coming to put a camera down the sewer/water lines for us since we've had problems with the toilets....

Also, we need to replace my tub faucets because the cold water part spins if you don't know how to turn it just right.

And I'm busy trying to convince hubby that this is a good solid house, not a money pit!!! It's just that it's 16 yrs old but it only had one owner and they took really good care of it. Trying to convince him that these are semi-minor things isn't going well.

I do believe one of us needs to become handy really really quickly!!

3. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Do you have Home Depot where you live? Some stores have classes that you can attend to learn how to do various home repairs.

We have some Time Life home repair books too--now I think they come on DVD, but the books were helpful for a few things we had to do.

You could probably find the Time LIfe books or other repair books at a used book store or a thrift store.