Starting Med Change today.....

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by fivesue, Apr 5, 2006.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I started weaning off EffexorXR and onto Cymbalta today. It is too soon to tell what's going to happen, and as the taper is going to take 7 weeks, we will see.

I am unsure about all of this. I know that I want off Effexor because of the discontinuation problems which, according to the experts, are the worst by far than all other AD's. I don't want to be on such a med.

But, I'm tired of hurting and I'm just a bit afraid. I also want to urge any of you deciding to quit any long-term nedication cold turkey to re-consider your decision and get help from a doctor. If things go wrong, the doc will at least be on board with you and not caught by surprise.

Anyway, thank you for your prayers yesterday. I will keep you informed of the process and hope you may occasionally send a small prayer for me and the success of this transition.

Blessings,
    Sue
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Changing medications IS a hard thing to go through. I'm sending up some prayers for you as you go through this!

May God care for you and protect you, and help you to focus on Him. Which is what I need to do! :)

I'm so thankful that we all have each other here.

By the way, thank you for your wonderful encouragement and support that you replied to on my post asking for prayers for my PTSD.

I copied it out, along with Hanginin's, and it was SUCH good medicine for me!

Love and blessings,
    Judy
  3. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I hope that you are doing better today. I pray that the medication change is not too hard on you.
    It can be difficult, but I know that God can give you the help that you need!

Love, Mari
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I appreciate your prayers. Today I am very dizzy and am about to go lie down again. And I have only started the withdrawal.

I told my husband that it may be a little different around here until all of this gets settled down. Thankfully he is very understanding and very loving.

You are all so wonderful to pray. I do apprecaite it and pray you each have a great day!

Mari...I almost put your name in the MIA list on the FM board as I know you have been feeling lousy. I'll drop you a note after a rest a bit and see how the rheumie visit went yesterday....or was it the day before? (-:

Love to each,
    Sue