Starting my high calcium doses today.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kar1953, May 14, 2003.

1. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

Took my first 1200mg. of liquid calcuim today. I'm supposed to work up to 3600 mg./day. This is supposed to get my body back to it's proper PH. I also started the liquid nutrients this company has & it is supposed to reverse the symptoms of fms just like the
    guai treatment does. The info says I'll get worse before I get better - that's good. I'll know in a few days if it's working. They told me that most people start to feel bad in just a few days. So I should know by Monday if anything is going on. I'll keep you all posted.

Take care........Kathi
  2. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I was told that our bodies absorb only about 10% of supplements in pill form. In liquid form, we absorb about 98% - give or take a few %'s - each individual is different. I was taking 1,000 mg. tablets 4 x's per day & not noticing any difference. If this is true that means I was only absorbing about 400mg. per day. So thought I'd give the liquid a try. Sure hope I feel REAL bad in a few days :)

Take care & good luck on th guai........Kathi
  3. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

and the liquid nutrients I take has plenty of Vitamin D in it as well as everything else a body needs in a day.

Thanks for the tip.......Kathi
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The calcium with meals doesn't block the sals, it allows the body to eliminate the phosphate debris through the intestines instead of through the kidneys. There is no competition between sals and phosphate in the intestines as there is in the kidneys. There is a relationship between phosphates and calcium in the body and they tend to want to bind to one another. Having excess calcium in the intestines will attract the phosphate there instead of depositing it in the soft tissues. Now, this is according to Dr. St. Amand's theory. I don't know if it works or not, but I need the calcium, so I try it.

Love, Mikie
  5. baybe

baybe New Member

Do you use the guai by prescription or is there an over the counter product. I am so foggy, I thought I read and I actually think it was on this site that they were selling guai as a supplement.