Starting My Peptide Injections on Mon.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I saw my doc this morning and am starting the peptide injections on Mon. I'm so excited. I'll let y'all know how it goes. Could use some prayers for success. Thanks.

Love, Mikie
  2. misskoji

misskoji Member

I am excited for you! You have been working so hard on healing to get to this point-to start these peptide injections.

Many prayers sent up for you, and do let us know how it goes.

3. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

It's a good thing God never gets tired of listening to me! LOL! LOTS and LOTS of prayers and hugs coming your way. Let us know how they go! I'm excited for you!

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank you both so much. I really appreciate the support and prayers. I've been whining because I feel miserable without being able to take my meds. I think my headache is due to not taking my BP meds. I'm going to ask tomorrow whether I can, at least, take some Excedrin. If the shots work, it'll be worth the temporary misery. In any case, I'll let y'all know how it goes. Doc thinks the shot may even help with my arthritis in my wrists, hands and fingers. One of his patients is back playing golf. I've resisted giving away my clubs in case I can play again. I'm a horrible golfer but I do enjoy drinking beer and driving around in the cart :)

Love, Mikie
  5. m1she11e

m1she11e New Member

Hi Mikie,
    I hardly come on here anymore unless Im searching for something in particular. As far as these Peptide injections, I will have to scan your posts to figure out exactly what they are. I know you have tried a lot of very interesting, cutting edge treatments.

I really had to laugh because my golf game is about the cart and a few beers mainly as well. ;-)

Good luck to you!!!
  6. inbetweendays

inbetweendays New Member

i wonder if these injections arent similiar to the mindset alternatives practioners have used for some time. using amino acids to address the symptoms of fibro etc.? do you know if these injections can be used for herniated discs? and once again where are you getting them from? good luck to you.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I posted under a new thread regarding the first injection yesterday.

I see Dr. Gomeringer in Fort Myers, FL. He works with Dr. Dakos here.

Peptide injections come from a lab in Europe which works in conjunction with Oxford University. These injections have been used in Europe for 35 years with excellent results and virtually no side effects. They are not FDA approved here in the U.S.

Peptides and amino acid are proteins made in the body. If the process breaks down, the body may no longer make the appropriate peptides. Injecting healthy peptides eventually "trains" the body to start making them on its own.

There are different combinations of peptides for different conditions but I have only heard about cancer, arthritis and immune/auto-immune illnesses. Blood can be drawn and specific injections can be formulated after the plasma is examined. Dr. Dakos had late-stage bladder cancer when he discovered the peptide injections some years back. He currently has no sign of the cancer.

Thanks again.

Love, Mikie