Starting new FMS Support Group

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by risinforce, Jan 9, 2006.

1. risinforce

risinforce New Member

Thursday I get to start participating in a local FMS support group. It actually is for FMS/CFID. I am very excited. The group is only 10 people big. It is every Thursday for an hour and a half.

I'm hoping to possibly make a friend, learn new techniques in coping (which I will share w/all of you of course), maybe even learn of a new med or something. The facilitator is a councelor who has both illnesses and has had them for years. She was wonderful. i actually had to interview to participate.

That is a good thing though because it weeds out anyone who would be negative etc.

Wish me luck. This is part of the new steps I'm taking to better myself. I also am hoping to start a physical therapy/meditation program in February. I'm hoping this will not only get me some exercise (which I never get) but work on my body and soul program.

Hugs to all :)
    Shawn
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

I will be looking for any posting on how all is going........

To open up to all and be helpful.......you are great.....
    Blessings
  3. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Yes, FMS support groups can be a great thing. Where I was living before, they had a wonderful support group for FMS , CFS adn some other chronic pain conditions

We were all in the same boat, lots of pain, not much help.

The group was wonderful and very supportive and inspirational

I hope this helps you as well too, I miss my group a lot

Kgangel