Starting NUVIGIL

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sorekitty, Oct 6, 2009.

1. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

This is a newer version of Provigil. I didn't like Provigil because I felt speeded up and then overdid it and had pain later.

So dr tells me this one is better as far as the side effects and worth a try. I will get my rx tomorrow and try it Thursday morning. I only plan to take a half because I had to do that with the Provigil.

Today I went on a beach walk (not too far or too fast). Came home and did a few small things then slept for 2 hours and 15 minutes and had a hard time waking to pick up my son from school.

Anyone have success with this medication?

2. sorekitty

sorekitty New Member

my first half tablet today at 7 am. I have a very busy day with 2 appointments and my son has minimum day so I don't have any break time today. I'll see if it helps me get through this!

Just having a conversation with myself (lol)! I do that sometimes.

3. loto

loto Member

I was taking nuvigil also, the 150 mg is what worked for me best, but then my tongue started to swell, so i cut down to half of that. Most days the half didn't help me enough. Then I began feeling more down in the dumps and depressed, so I stopped taking it, and know it was the Nuvigil making my moods go south.
    It may not be that way for you though. I hope it doesn't affect you that way!
    Best wishes to you.
    I'm now on the hunt for something else to help me with my sleepiness.

4. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I just started taking mine last Friday. After reading up on it, it is twice as strong as Provigil and lasts longer.

So far I like it, I got the first 30 days free w a coupon from my doc. I will be going back to Provigil tho due to the cost. I order generic Pro from a Canadian internet pharm.

It kind of irks me that the pharm co just tweaks the chemical make up of a med when their patent is about to expire. Then they have a "new" med that they market the heck out of in order to keep making the big bucks.

I think I like the Nuvigil better than Pro, so far anyway. It seems to come on slower and last longer. I did have a bad headache the first day, but that was the only side effect so far.

We should all update our opinions after we take it for a few wks.